Friendly NPC A.I. Bots for Dungeon Finder Groups

Hey if be 100% down with this if I could group 5 alts at a time and complete campaign/rep stuff all at once!

1 Like

That would be fun.

1 Like

Did you dream about this last night and think it was real? That’s the only explanation I can think for this post.

4 Likes

Eric, the Utility Dwarf converted to dungeons eh? LOL!

I’d prefer human players 100% all day every day still

ff14 had less subs to begin with. and before you try to tell me i’m nomming copium you do know that they stopped selling the expansion (at 900k pre orders) because of their potato servers. don’t have nearly the servers or potential pop of wow.

My alliance team would be 5 tanks:

2x prot pally
:bear:
VDH
:beer: monk

1 Like

i just want pally tanks to dunk all other tanks all the time.

oh and remove warriors, thx.

(no i am not a salty pally who wanted to tank in vanilla. why do you ask? stop looking at me that way. -.-)

1 Like

You’ll put on that dress an heal and you’ll like it!

2 Likes

nooooooooooooooo. you can’t make me!!! :sob:

I mentioned it would only be an Option. You want to play with Bots go ahead do so. You want to play with real players go ahead do so. Freedom of choice is a wonderful thing.

2 Likes

Must be an Alliance issue.

It’s not like LFD has any value anyway. The drops might as well be cosmetic only for how low ilvl they are. You can snag significantly better gear for an easily farmed resource.

This would let people see the stories on the way up without the risk of grouping with some lousy people or having to wait for a queue, so I don’t see the harm here. It just seems unlikely that they’d design such a thing considering how the game feels like it’s built and maintained by a skeleton team these days.

They have a solid art team, but they can’t even create more than one new dungeon in two years and the dungeons are their sole focus on replay value.

1 Like

we had extra dungeons added for many expansions. then mythic was introduced. then mythic+. we got more dungeons when they replaced them as they became less relevant. we get LESS dungeon content now because people love to run the same 8 dungeons 365834759348758345 times to replace a piece of loot with the same piece of loot with a higher ilevel.

1 Like

We all know how AI npcs were when played against in Isle Expeditions, terrible.

And yet somehow people surmise that Blizzard can formulate AI to carry them through a dungeon? Haha.

Ok

So yea like I said the bots have been a great experience in DDO and if they were implemented here in a similar fashion it’d be nothing but a plus to the game.

1 Like

I have not played Island Expeditions that I can remember. Other people have mentioned them what exactly are you referring to was the problem? What Bots? Friendlies, enemies?

Ok I Goggled the reference: This is an Early explanation;

On Normal, Heroic, and Mythic difficulties of Island Expeditions, players will be racing against a 3 member team of NPCs themed on the opposite faction. These NPCs work with an Advanced AI that makes them work completely different from other NPCs and closer to player behavior. While we don’t know exactly how these NPCs are programmed, there are some very noticable difference from the Advanced AI vs. normal creature AI.

• Ignore Taunt effects.

• Jumping and kiting.

• Focus targeting low health players.

• Sneak off to collect Azerite from a chest or node.

Horde players queuing for Island Expeditions will be going against one of the Alliance Expedition Teams. while Alliance players queuing for Island Expeditions will be going against one of the Horde Expedition Teams.

So your assertion is that the enemy teams were very bad. Ok. I got it.

May I point out that those particular bots might of been badly programmed. I don’t know.

But those are not the only Bots in Wow. Wow is full of Bots. Every single NPC you run across either friendly or foe are Bots. Every Monster you run across in the over-world is a Bot. All the Mobs and bosses in dungeons are Bots. So you can evaluate all of them as to Bot performance.

Player Characters; those characters controlled by human players are PC characters. Every single other creature in the game is a bot. NPC: Non Player Character = Bot.

1 Like

And they’re all hot garbage at combat and pathing.

1 Like

If all the NPCs in the game were bad World of Warcraft would be unplayable and would not have survived for 17 years now, as the number one mmorpg.

Yeah. This thread felt trolly but that deals the deal

Sure – only if it gives no rewards.

Grouping with other players should be rewarded. Running dungeons with Bots should never be the most efficient way of doing something.

1 Like