Friendly nameplates not showing unless targeted

I have my settings set to show all nameplates. But For some reason it doesnt show friendly player nameplates unless im targeting. Whats going on?

It’s the same thing even if I turn off all my addons.
I’ve fully resetted my ui.

I’ve tried everything listed here.

Like what kind of quality work is this? …

1 Like

Hows linking this going to help?

Because it sends you to the forum where you stand the best chance of getting help. Another player 'round these parts might also be knowledgeable about it, but over there are employees that can also scrape the data to determine if something is afoot.

3 Likes

The search function works better. I wouldnt have posted here if that wasnt the case.

Have you tried a full UI reset?

2 Likes

Yes unfortunately.

Because posting here isn’t a way to report the issue. There are several threads in the Bug Report forum about this issue, both for friendly and enemy nameplates. But this forum specifically - no staff comes here beyond our SFAs. Customer Support is a forum for players to assist other players. It is not Customer Service.

So pointing you to the UI forum and/or the Bug Report forum, those places are where you can report the issue and perhaps find workarounds until a time that the Devs push a fix through.

And just because you come off as snide in your response to someone who gave correct advice?

Just as unhelpful.

4 Likes

I posted here because it’s customer support. Where people might have an Actual answer.

Well. I took the time to use the tools stickied to the top of this very forum and I found an answer. It’s a known issue. There is not a fix as of right this moment, but they are aware and they’re working on it.

Whether you expected to deal with one of our SFAs or one of us, your fellow players - coming in here with a chip on your shoulder never pans out well. Folks here are happy to help, but the unnecessary attitude only muddies things up.

5 Likes

Well, then if it helps, it sent me to a thread over in the Tech Support forum that supposedly has an answer with varying degrees of success.

YMMV. Good luck.

6 Likes

Keep in mind that the CS forum is a peer to peer help desk, not an avenue for GMs or devs. They don’t come here. We’re players helping players with the assistance of SFAs, who are not devs or GMs.

4 Likes

Yes, I know that. That’s why I posted here in hoping someone might have a fix for it.

Sadly, no. :frowning: I hope it gets fixed soon, though! I’m sorry you have to deal with it. It is frustrating.

That looks like the case for it. It’s not like 10.1 wasnt ptr tested for a while.

Unfortunately, PTR isn’t live servers and things can happen on one that don’t happen on the other. It’s not a straight port or copy/paste where everything will work seamlessly. Different clients, caches, files, downloads, etc. can all play a factor in what may go wrong. No MMO I’ve played on new patches is bug free. Coding is complex and can change in live environments compared to smaller test ones.

3 Likes

It is not impossible for a bug to never show on the PTR but appear as soon as the update is applied to live.

2 Likes

There is a thread in the bug forums.