Friend of Friends NEEDS to go

Sometimes I like to add people I know in real life or play with in game. By that point I at least know who they are and Im the one adding them.

But lately I’ve been getting friend requests in AND OUT of game by friends of friends just because I am a female so Im easy to target on the list. This mega creepy stalker behavior has no place in game or real life. One of them even found me on Facebook and told me he found me from my other friend.

This leads to the question, why is blizzard enabling this behavior? Its literally giving stalkers a list of targets. I hope blizzard can remove this toxic and DANGEROUS feature before some mega crazies use it for more than finding someone on facebook.

2 Likes

Good ol sunday post on a wednesday :+1:

6 Likes

This has been a privacy option in your battle.net account for at least 6 years. Turn it off.

Edit for those unable to find it. Log into Battle.net on a web browser → go to account settings → privacy and communication → friend of friends suggestions → toggle off.

22 Likes

I’ve always suspected WoW is a hive of scum and villainy.

But seriously, isn’t approving requests entirely within the user’s control? And you can turn off Real ID (that displays your name) under parental controls or account management.

5 Likes
10 Likes

I try to be helpful when I can instead of giving in the voice in my head that encourages me to point and laugh at stupidity and laziness.

4 Likes

you choosing to not disable the “friends of friends” option, doesn’t mean blizz is “enabling”.

6 Likes

But… but… then I can’t blame blizzard if it’s something I have control over.

6 Likes

Its totally out of my control since its not on by default

It is in your control. Simply turn it off.

Funbox here have given you this wonderfully easy suggestion. :point_down:

6 Likes

How would anyone know if you’re not the one openly telling people? Looks like you brought this issue on yourself.

7 Likes

I’m female, openly admit it, and don’t get creeped on.

I’m smelling tauren poo.

9 Likes

That makes sense. Completely different topic I have sent you a friend request.

3 Likes

I’m smelling the bait as well.

3 Likes

*Muffled heavy breathing. *

2 Likes

Schrodinger’s bear. It’s not creepy until it’s observed.

1 Like

Not all men like myself are creepy and stalkers . I careless what women do . I only care what i do . I will not bother women unless i know them as a friend , but that’s very rare .

1 Like

Just don’t add them? Or only add as bnet? :dracthyr_tea:

1 Like

A BREATHING forsaken?! Someone call the newspapers!

2 Likes

It is a undead rogue, if you are hearing muffled breathing from him call the police there is a crime happening.

4 Likes