Friend got silenced in game for being afk

My first post was that there is literally an automated squelch and a manually reviewed silence you absolute spanner.

At no point have I ever denied there is an automated system, I know there is one, but it’s for the squelch, not the silence. One is automated to stop potential damage caused by the account, the other is manually reviewed.

Unfortunately where the confusion lies between squelch and silence is that for whatever reason, Blizzard refers to them both as silences because they functionally do the exact same thing, which is something that Vrakthis specifically mentions in the thread I linked earlier.

Now sit down and shut up.

3 Likes

While it was the incorrect use of the report, they should have just reported him for being AFK instead.

No, they just need to punish people who abuse the system.

theyre not going to do that, and even if did, that still means people who get abused are screwed for a week, two wrongs doesnt make a right

1 Like

I will never understand how anyone can actually like him or his content. As far as I’m concerned he’s the absolutely the WORST content creator in WoW. I was excited when I heard he was leaving WoW for FFXIV.

1 Like

there’s no easy fix to it no matter how you look at it i just find it amusing so many adults just like reporting over a video game for some of the dumbest things lol. sure there’s people who actually need it. and if you think it’s just as simple as hire some people sure it is until you see how many reports get filled daily on the regular lol. it would be so funny if blizz actually reported how many there was i’m sure it’s up there.

If they punished abusers it might cut down on abuse. Or maybe not since some people are slow learners.

1 Like

Most Americans are ‘man children’ and live in an echo chamber. This is why the report system is problematic, today people find anything offensive because of personal mental issues.

1 Like

They do, at least on the forums. I can confirm that much.

How do I know? Because I stupidly tried to get a post removed that was threatening by flagging it on multiple characters until it got hidden pending GM review. Then I woke up to find my forum privileges removed for 24 hours for abusing the reporting system.

I didn’t bother appealing because yeah, I knew I screwed up.

People who abuse the systems get actioned, they just rarely talk about it because most folks don’t like to admit when they get self-owned by their own stupidity.

3 Likes

Good to know. I’ve been tempted to do that a few times.

We don’t know the whole story. All we know is some guy claiming a “friend” got silenced for being afk.

In fact though, it does appear that after being afk in AV bg in classic, some people are booted from the bg and silenced. If he was voted out of the bg for being afk, well, don’t be afk in AV.

1 Like

Somehow I think the ‘friend’ is actually the OP, because the way he’s getting defensive when people point out facts to him that clash with his world view on how Blizzard operates.

2 Likes

Who exactly are you referring to Doness? Because if you’re aiming that at me, this is the only character I post on the forums with.

What this thread has become…

“I’m right”

“No, I’m right”

“No, I’m right”

“No, I’m right”

2 Likes

Unfortunately.

Welcome to General Discussion!

I agree that this mentality is a problem, but it’s the teachers pet who defend this bad system that are not right.

1 Like

No, I’m right.

He’s entertaining ?

Why are you so mad about Transmount competitions ?

Oh…

Well that explains a lot. He’s completely unhinged.

2 Likes

I don’t find him entertaining at all I find him repulsive.

Don’t even know what that is. :rofl:

There’s a lot of entertainers I don’t find entertaining.

There’s none I can say I find repulsive. That sounds quite irrational.

So you don’t even know what you’re mad about.