Friend got silenced in game for being afk

All he did was prove that the squelch system exists.

And Blizzard has never denied that it has existed. That thread I linked literally has people saying that squelches are automated. Blizzard has come out and said that squelches are automated.

Silences are not automated. Functionally there’s no difference, but even in the video where Asmongold ‘proved’ there was an automated system, the message he got specifically said ‘Your chat and mail privileges have been suspended pending GM review’ which is the message you get when your account is squelched.

This has been confirmed, multiple times, going back years. It’s not news, it’s not a scandal, most people are mature enough to understand that.

5 Likes

You seem to be misunderstanding. People were in AV defending or or ran off for a moment to get their quest and suddenly found themselves kicked from game with a month long ban.

They said nothing of the sort. They simply said they will go back and review them AFTER they were already automatically banned.

No. And you are ignoring the AV automatic bans for a month. The system changed. Please understand that.

1 Like

Damage control? It’s literally the opposite effect. People use this system to punish people they don’t like, sometimes GM’s don’t really look into it, there’s another streamer who received an automated message after making a ticket about an appeal. You think it’s cool for people to not play the game for days because of some trolls who report you? I don’t know why you defend this system. Because it probably never happened to you, that’s why.

2 Likes

They said (from your own post)

Per Blizzard, the only automatic behavior is a debuff.

2 Likes

And that is not what happened. You seem to be ignoring that.

No, I am not. Those bans were applied via manual review. This has been confirmed even by Asmongold himself, he even has a video saying as much on his channel if you care to take a look at it.

2 Likes

They were not. They were automatic as soon as they were kicked from AV.

But I do not expect anything except defense of this from you. Good day.

Yuh because I’m a very good lil healer who doesn’t go round breaking tos in chat and going afk on the tank :dracthyr_heart:

In short I’m a very good girl who actually obeys the rules she agreed too unlike your friend

1 Like

Based on what the post is saying, Carhagen’s comment is true.

I guess unless you just refuse to believe what Blizzard says…

1 Like

“Manual review” that literally had to be overturned and apoligized about.

LMAO, you guys are so gullible.

Again, even Asmongold, who first pushed the narrative that they were automated suspensions, has stated that Blizzard reached out to him and made it clear that the suspensions were applied via manual review.

You are wrong.

It’s okay to be wrong, but please recognize that you are, because even the person who tried to expose this has since confirmed that he was wrong.

2 Likes

You being a good lil healer is your personal experience, you’re basing your personal experience and think that everyone who was silenced broke tos, that’s the problem you say things because you don’t understand and you don’t care, you just TRUST the system.

1 Like

It is not true at all. It is evidenced by those who were banned for a month immediately without any review. Because the analytics banned them. That is automated.

If you wish to ignore how things work now, then so be it. I will not try to explain to those who will defend such things any longer. Good day.

I am not speaking of chat silence. Perhaps understand the conversation. Good day to you. I will not indulge your condescension and constant defense of Blizzard.

I am specifically referring to the bans you’re going on about.

I feel dirty for sharing an Asmongold video (I do not like him as a content creator), but here he is, confirming that the bans were manually reviewed.

3 Likes

Correction :dracthyr_tea:

Like if you’ve been silenced means moderaters have reviewed the logs and decide you broke tos otherwise you’d just have a temporary “squelch” :dracthyr_shrug:

My main takeaway is that I’m not risking my account by doing battlegrounds.

Maybe you should watch it.

He literally says in the opening that the automated system resulted in the bans. That manual reviews are for appeals.

Also, I don’t get why so many of you irrationally hate WoW’s biggest PR person. Asmongold is basically Blizzard’s best marketing agency at this point.

2 Likes

Is the problem because you can’t play the game for a few days, and by the time they get back to you, the silence is gone.

1 Like