Friend got silenced in game for being afk

It is very much a thing.

Incorrect. The Squelch has a set timer, always, no matter what. The Silence can continously stack, overtime. Its duration varies from the Squelch.

There’s no manual review for Squelches to be applied, correct.

Incorrect. The longer duration Silence is manually reviewed and applied by a GM. The Silence duration is much longer than a Squelch.

Always best to appeal any account punishment, though, to get the blackmark removed.

1 Like

Proven time and again. On video.

Done with you guys that just gaslight and refuse reality.

Automated Silences are a thing. Full blown automated silences are on video, as proven facts.

Full blown Squelches, yes. The Squelch functions similarly to the Silence, but they’re still not the same thing.

No one’s gaslighting you. Even though, I have Pawzer blocked, for once we both agree on what Blizz’s system is/does.

1 Like

Blizzard disagrees, and it’s their system. You’re free to prove otherwise.

Not by Blizzards, and the definition of the rule. Byebye

You were disproven on video, and on the forums, yes. Thanks.

2 Likes

Whatever you say. But people who have had their own threads completely hidden by helfers until they could be restored would disagree.

Here’s a blue post confirming the only automated system/action is a Squelch:

The only automatic action that will result if they continue to receive reports is that they may be temporarily squelched while related reports are reviewed. That squelch can last 24 hours and can be appealed. If chat is found by a Game Master that violates our policies further action may be taken which can include a temporary silence or suspension from the game.

They’ve been proven to lie again and again on this topic. On video.

The blue you’re linking to pretended you only got a debuff in PvP if reported AFK. If he’d played the game he’d know that’s not true, there’s a threshold we’re you’re instantly removed from the game with no possible way to counteract it.

So again, keep repeating verbatim what Blizzard tells you even though we have definite undeniable proof that that’s not how it works.

And that same video supports what the Blue says. The same video, you accused Car of not watching, but they pin pointed where even Asmon supports what they’re saying.

The video proves exactly how it works, and what I’m, the Blue, Pawzer (who I have on ignore), Car, Asmon, etc., are saying.

1 Like

We know there’s an automated system. You just want to play semantics and insist that we’re “wrong” because we said “Squelch” instead of “Silence”.

I’m not referring to Asmon’s video about the AV AFK Bans. I’m referring to videos of people triggering silences and showing the automatic e-mails they get within seconds.

Asmon saying he talked to Blizzard about AV bans doesn’t prove Silences are manual. That’s not how evidence works.

Yes and it dispenses silences.

There is no such thing as a squelch. It’s a Silence. It has all the same penalties as a silence, the same e-mail about a silence and the same end date unless you appeal as a Silence.

It is 100% a silence.

i wouldnt come on a general discussion forum for a friend that might be lying.

let the friend take care of his own dirty laundry. but lets be real there’s no friend it was you wasn’t it? only way this makes any sense heh

1 Like

Yes, the Squelch and Silence have similar functions. Just like Suspensions and bans.

The evidence is that the system with its own duration is automated, yes.

Yes, the Squelch System and Silence System perform the same function. Just like Suspensions and Bans do. With the exception of their set durations.

Yes, there is. It has its own duration. It will never stack like the Silence.

Correct. All punishments do.

Incorrect. The Squelch has one end date. The Silence can be the same or longer. That’s what you’re not getting.

As this blue states here:

there is very little difference functionally speaking between a squelch and a silence

We’re aware it functions similarly to a Silence, but the end date can be extended manually by a GM, only. That’s why we use a different word to understand the context.

While suspensions and bans have the same functionally, one is temporary while the other is permanent.

So similar they’re literally the same, one is just a thing Blizzard used to convince a few forum posters to run defense for their indefensible, abusable automod system.

No, it’s the same. You don’t get a 2nd e-mail after the first e-mail is received.

You can keep linking the same blue CS guy, but since he literally lied about how AFK reports work in BGs, he has 0 credibility.

Not really gonna argue further on this, it’s been proven time and time again that you guys are wrong and even Blizzard is now admitting that Silences are automated because they can’t quite gaslight people about it anymore with all the evidence out there.

No, they’re not. One has a set duration, while the other has a more flexible duration.

Explaining the difference is not defending it. I’m against the Squelch, but I don’t see any better system ideas to curb gold spammers.

No, it’s not.

Who admits the similar functionality and meeting you halfway.

This is called an ad hominem fallacy.

'Cause you’re wrong.

We’re not wrong about agreeing that there is an automated system. You’re just so latched onto playing the semantics game that because we don’t refer to it as a “silence”, that somehow makes us “wrong”, now. It doesn’t.

We know there’s an automated system at play. Whatever it’s called is irrelevant to acknowledging its existence. It can be called rainbow unicorns, for all I care, I’m (and others) are aware of an automated system. Shouldn’t that be good enough?

I thought Blizz were “liars”? Guess their “credibility” is only good, when they say what you’re saying, right? Also, got any posts by them acknowledging this?

I never felt “gaslit” by them. I’ve seen how the system works, first hand.

staysafe proved last week u get automated 7 day silences. email says ‘account silenced’ duration was 7 days, it was within a minute of mass reporting

1 Like

Yes, I (also) remember talk about harsher punishments being handed out, so the Squelch’s timer prolly got upped from 24hrs to 7 days. I was fortunate enough to only hit the 24hr duration. Back when it was 24hrs, orhers would have 3 days or more.

Doesn’t change what I said. One has a set duration and the other does not.

But again:

Some posters really can’t accept they were duped this whole time.

the email point-blank said ‘account silenced’ in it under ‘actions taken’. its an automated punishment and mark on account

It’s not “duped”. I hit 24hrs exactly as described. While others hit a much longer duration than I did because they probably misbehaved worse than I did. But again, I have heard talks of harsher punishments being handed out than normal. Again:

Again:

Again:

That’s why we appeal.

It’s funny, you won’t accept me acknowledging the auto system, until I call it an “auto-silence” LOL