Fresh TBC option as a counter to the boost

That was a terrific post Gorrith. You spelled it out well.

And it makes sense. If I am a widget salesman, am I going to go where the market is saturated with 1000 other widget salesman, all trying to beat the prices of the other? No! I am going to go over to that new market where I can name my own price and have reduced competition.

Why you have to divide our community by calling us “anti-boosters”. We are just the community

1 Like

Very true and good points. I guess i was looking at supply and demand too simplistically

We will not let bobby kotick divide us.

As nice a thought as this is, I just do not think it is true anymore. I do believe there is a divide between the RPG crowd and the min/max and Retail crowd. Retail WoW stopped being an RPG long ago and barely counts as an MMO these days except for instances. I think a lot of people (other than the min/max crowd) came back to WoW Classic to actually experience an MMORPG again and are upset over Blizzard’s attempt to turn TBC Classic into a Retail experience.

I think that despite our community enjoyment for Classic WoW, that people do enjoy it for different reasons and this does split the community when Blizzard only seems to cater to the ones who are willing to pay them more for cash shop conveniences. I think that opening some fresh new servers with no cash shop conveniences would be a win/win for the community as a whole. The min/max and Retail tourist players could use their boosts and keep their cash shop while we RPG’ers could enjoy servers that offer a genuine MMORPG experience and both communities get to play with like-minded people. :smiley:

Thanks.

7 Likes

I cannot disagree with this point. Touché

1 Like

Yes and Please and Thankyou

Honest question, what does a new server do that is going to stop botting?

This is some of the most passive aggressive, condescending nonsense I have read on here. Anyone else you want to fire a shot at that might not be pure enough for your version of wow? Or did you get it all in?

This is exactly it! really well put.

2 Likes

Can you stop gate keeping? How does a new server impact you?

Stop being such a gatekeeper man

1 Like

Honest reply, what can any server do that is going to stop botting?

In the end, it is up to Blizzard to dole out the punishments and strike down the bots.
Thing is - Blizzard does not really do a great job about actively seeking them out.
At least on a fresh server with no boosting/cash-shop then there would be people around to report them… That is the missing element a lot of the time.
Likewise, while I do not expect the bot situation to be 100% resolved, or even 50% it will slow their progress as they will need to work up characters as well and gear them for whatever specific tasks the bots will engage in to produce the gold to sell.
Meanwhile on a boosted server, in seconds a bot can go to work farming 150+ gold an hour in BRD. Prior to the boost they would have had to at least spend 100-200 hours online potentially getting spotted and reported and maybe removed by blizzard (here’s hoping, anyway - to that last part) before they can go making the gold - effectively slowing them down rather considerably.
Likewise, a final point: for all the servers who are infested with bots and already have tons of worthless gold flooding the markets do you feel like the bots are going to stop? Do you think they will ever say “Well, we made enough money here - getting kinda hard now… Better stop and try something else.”?
No. Now that they can mass-produce at the mere click of a button they will become far far more numerous… Where the 50 bots might have been making 150+ gold an hour before now you might have 500 or 1,000 bots doing it… They will need to generate that much more gold to make their money… And so they will. Thankfully, it will be available at only the push of a button…

I hope this helps answer your question.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.