Fresh server hype thread!

Please, please! Fresh servers for TBC, 1-2 per region. I can really understand the perspective of not wanting to start over again however, the economy is insanely bloated on my classic servers, the gear scaling would be incredibly unbalanced for the first few tiers of content with Naxx BiS etc. etc. Keep the hype alive!!

15 Likes

Fresh servers with no leveling boost is the only way I’d play TBC.

9 Likes

We’re thinking they won’t do fresh servers, just progress the one’s available.

There’s a fresh NA reroll happening to play into TBC. Discord is /u5xHyYYT. Voting on server now. Gonna be on Mar 9, nearly 3k people signed up. :smiley:
Lots of guilds recruiting both factions, going to revive a server and all play together getting ready for TBC.

If you feel like it come on over. :slight_smile:

I’m happy for those wanting to start a fresh reroll to help revive a dead server.

Though, if you are wanting to avoid the abuse that happened in Classic, come here to support New 2.4.3 TBC servers:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/a-formal-request-thread-for-freshnew-tbc-servers/877051

Kind of weird to start this on a Tuesday. Why would you not start over a weekend.

From my understanding it’s just an agreed upon soft launch date, lots of dad gamers will join later that week. Each guild in the project can pick and choose what works best for its members.

I just work here.

No, we don’t want that

Even though, I’m not for NEW Servers. There is a giant thread for it, already. So, you can join in on the mob over there especially against me 'cause I’m anti-NEW Servers :slightly_smiling_face:

EDIT: Though, I’m in favor for Seasonal Servers.

Agreed.

But make at least four of each type for the NA battlegroup.

They still might open new servers. They did for the original TBC release and there appears to be a lot of support for them on the forums and in the surveys I have seen. I think personally they may just be waiting to see what the server populations look like after the TBC Classic release, but that is just a hunch. :smiley:

Thanks.

Yeah that’s my hunch… I don’t think they’ll do it pre-patch, but after release.

You don’t speak for everyone and fresh servers don’t have any negative effect on the gameplay experience of your current realm.

You’re free to stay on your server where players already have tens of thousands of gold and will have a broken economy less than a week of the expansion releasing, while others who want fresh move to those servers instead :slight_smile:

FNB baby fresh no boost. Give us one server blizz. All we need is one server where boosts are not available. Why that hurt blizz?

1 Like

The pushback you are going to read from many people about new servers is due to the fact that they ARE part of that broken economy. If many people move off of their servers and onto fresh ones, they will have no victims, er, um customers to sell all their high priced merchandise to. The people who have been farming and exploiting the game for the past two years are hoping to reap their benefits going forward into TBC. You only have to glance at the number of YouTube videos telling peeps to “farm now!” so they can profit later. For those people, new servers actually WILL affect them unfortunately as they would have to re-farm all their advantages if they wanted to play on them and there would be no one left on their original servers to profit off of. Sad, but true.

Thanks.

1 Like

Yeah, I can get how the AH bloat is frustrating. However, I’m not seeing how a fresh server would fix that.

1. The players caused the bloat. Fresh servers will likely have many of the same folks
  2. What’s to stop some people from transferring? Even with gold caps, they’ll still have way more then everyone else
  3. What will happen of there is a significant faction imbalance?

In the end, I think this will be a “greener grass” scenario.

There hasnt been this much hype for something that isnt gonna really happen since the area 51 raid.

1 Like

So, you want a new TBC server where everyone has to start at level 1 (not level 58) and level from 1 to 58/60, BEFORE they can play TBC. And of course no-one can transfer TO that server.

Do players really want that, or do they really want several other things they HOPE will happen on their fresh server…and will be angry if those other things don’t happen?

Of course “fresh” is split PVP and PVE. And a bunch of players want “fresh” ERA servers (non-TBC servers). So players asking for “fresh servers” are really asking for 4 new server types…in addition to the 4 types already planned: PVE/PVP and TBC/ERA.

If Blizzard will do that, fine. If not, it’s too many server types.

Dude you’re never going to win this fight. Fresh is too popular. It’s no different from playing classic after you already played vanilla. You start over and its still fun.

2 Likes

Some* players want that. I’m thinking a large amount too. If you guys are going to have boosted servers just have one where we “crazies” can be happy. That’s alls I’m saying. But yea I see what you’re saying. Just make it rpvp and call it a day lol.

And most likely if you made a fresh pvp server on retail, it might be interesting. Of course you’d have to have no paid boosts tokens and etc. Then call it “pristine” or something give it some kind of name that players would familiarize. Then the players who complain about paid services would be happy. Erybody hap hap

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.