Fresh realms or nah?

I wonder how many people don’t hit 70 before launch and go “I want into wrath” and are back on their home server. I really like the release of like 1000 people into 1 zonee at a time so I’m def gonna make a character but only to like 15 or 20ish

1 Like

That is true.

But also, it’s a risk on remaining on a mega server. Look at the imbalance right now. It does not bother me as I do not play PVP but for those who did. Man, on a PVP server with 0 opposite faction? That is rough.

But you are correct

I just hope we hear something soon so we can make some personal plans to go all in or stay put.

Oh, and I do worry about the pserver fresh start mindset players becoming the majority too. SO I have to take that into consideration. We will see.

1 Like

I mean, we do have 4 weeks to level up to 70. With the buff and the reduced xp needed from 60-70 and the mounts being 20 lvls lower, and glyphs and talents.
It would take you 7 hours a day for 6-7 days to reach 70 and that’s being generous
So I don’t really see how someone won’t be able to reach 70 in a month lmao

Yea there’s gonna be fresh realms I doubt it will be DOA on arriveal, you’ll probably have a mass flood early on and then it’ll stableize. I doubt it’ll die off, though this depends on how many servers they put up.

More servers = More dead servers. Less servers = More angry players who can’t get in. HOnestly packed servers with que times are better for long term health.

I think trust your gut.

Fresh is a very exciting time to enjoy the game and as a returning/new player, rolling on one of the fresh realms is a No Brainer.

2 Likes

Im going fresh only because the economy is so f’s up due to gold buying. Once the fresh server becomes pay to play I will probably quit. Might be back for fresh something in the future, wont play the ongoing classic and retail because they have become pay to play.

4 Likes

I’m going fresh for the same reason. I will also quit if/when everything gets as messed up as my current server.

Well actually I got a game time card to pop on the day before. Current sub ends Sunday I think or Monday. So I’ll give it the two months and see how it’s going. Then decide from that point.

1 Like

People on this forum will tell you not to do FRESH because they are doomers. FRESH is gonna be lit and tons of people are playing on FRESH servers.

FRESH is always lit.

1 Like

Yeah, if you like relevant world pvp, meaning everyone is leveling and the world is full, a fresh server like this/these is a dream! Every time we get this it could be the last time!

1 Like

I’m not going to a fresh server. I just managed to ding my first 70 (came back to classic after a long WoW break). Trying to ding a second 70 too but I think will be close - maybe in time for Wrath event.

No way am I going to a fresh server.

I really really really like the community on my server.

1 Like

Server economies are meme I don’t know how people don’t understand that…

Yea som is popping off…

Oh wait.

YES I am amped, lots of people will play fresh, very excited. Lots of salty people on forum right now. If they don’t like something they are negative. Many thousands are stoked for fresh. There should be a couple servers in usa.

2 Likes

Having less servers will be far more healthy for the game than having more.

Handful of people care about them. Rest don’t. I’m in the “rest don’t” group as I see no reason to drop all the work I’ve done since launch and start over. Every reason I see for people to justify this is poop. All the cheating/economic issues they seek to flee from will promptly follow them over there. It won’t be more than a few months before the new realms are no better than the old ones. So you may as well keep your work.

I would go fresh if I wasn’t happy with my current guild, even though I would dread leveling yet another character in the Vanilla or TBC zones. So, nah for me.

After 90 days they’ll have the same problems as other servers and Blizz will have a new batch of people to sell transfers to…

1 Like

There is little incentive for blizzard to communicate on the forums at all. I welcome the few posts we get. The majority of the player posts in the forums are either trolls or duplicates.

It’s not a surprise that they do not spend very much time interacting with the community anymore.

A very small segment of the player base spends time on the forums, and even smaller number of those are regularly active here.

That is not a reason to engage with the people here, especially when those people are largely making demands they are not entitled to.

Blizzard is also going through an ownership transition soon and they are trying to squeeze their popular IPs atm for as much of a bump in short term stock price as they can. They don’t really care about longevity because that will be Microsoft’s problem. They just want stocks as high as possible before sale completion.

I kind of agree about the forums themselves but although only a few people come to forums MANY MANY, probably 100 times more, see or hear about the blue posts from somewhere.

So getting no information on fresh is rough for the people who want to play on them. For the common forum complaints though sure, I can see your point.

Actually, I’m not sure if that’s what you’re responding to which is not the OPs question but if it’s about fresh server info yes there should be more 5 days before the servers launch. People reaching way outside of these forums consider Blizzzards communication to be bad.