Fresh realms or nah?

Sorry if it’s been asked a thousand times. I don’t frequent here and I’ll be honest, I’m too lazy to skim-read.

I’m just wondering, from people inside the circle (that is the classic community), if fresh servers are being well received? Or if they’re some type of “noob trap” that you guys reckon will be DOA?

Basically.
Should I finish leveling my TBC character to 70 for pre-patch next week, or start anew?

Thanks. :slight_smile:

PS: Yes I know this is a WOTLK question, but it felt more appropriate than the WOTLK PTR forums. Since I’m wanting to ask the actual classic players.

2 Likes

My eye twitches every time I see someone ask a question like this. OMG!!

There are some who laugh and point at fresh servers.
There are some that are chomping at the bit to be king of the hill, first of first on fresh servers.
There are some that just want a new home away from the mega servers.

The biggest problem we have right now is NO information on type, number, and location.

11 Likes

imo I think ppl r happy and gonna play it but gonna b dead in a few months lol. just roll mega server if u care to play with others long term. short term, run fresh for initial fun leveling but I wouldn’t stay. that’s just me, y’all have fun either way.

2 Likes

lol its up to you. No one will know how fresh will turn out till it happens. I’m sure the pserver crowd will be attracted to them. You have to make your own decision. Flip a coin. You’ll know what you want to do when the coin is midair.

imo I think ppl r happy and gonna play it but gonna b dead in a few months lol. just roll mega server if u care to play with others long term. short term, run fresh initial fun leveling but I wouldn’t stay. that’s just me, y’all have fun either way.

Pserver players are used to only having 600 people on their server. They’re also used to starting over regularly. I’m sure there will be a thriving community on the fresh servers.

1 Like

Anything that anyone doesn’t like here or doesn’t benefit them directly is DoA. Just like WoW died with the release of BGs back in the day, and again with TBC announced, and again once Wrath was announced. Something has always killed this game in some fashion… so why not fresh servers?

1 Like

Blizzard has offered no details on these fresh servers… which might not actually exist.

1 Like

They’ll exist. They can’t back out on that. Would be a massive misstep to back out on them at this point.

3 Likes

I understand.
But sometimes something is viewed as a huge disaster waiting to happen. I just wanted to be in the know.
But if the situation is that’s it’s still vague and up in the air, then that’s fine.

I just don’t want to commit to a fresh realm, only to discover 1 week after launch that duh, everyone planned to continue their TBC characters anyway.

We really don’t know. What we do know is Blizz won’t do anything to stop the bots, so the new servers will still get bots so issues plaguing current servers will still happen. Server Xfers and boost purchases will eventually happen for the new servers too so more gold will be coming over from legit players, RMT players, and easier for bot influx.

In my person opinion it will be fun for the first few months, and then will have all the same issues as the other servers so it’s a matter of…

“How invested are you already in your current server?”

and

“How much do you value your time?”

as is your time worth releveling from scratch, redoing reps, mounts, professions, etc just to eventually having that server get the same exact problems as current servers?"

I’ve made the decision it is not worth my time to start over again if Blizzard won’t fix any of the issues.

1 Like

Oh no. . That is cool bro. . Its the “or nah” part that makes my eye twitch :stuck_out_tongue:

Going to be good for the first month, then WOTLK will launch and everyone goes back to their servers.

These are DOA

2 Likes

As long as they only releaes 1 or at the maximum most 2 they will be healthy, anything more they will become DOA.
So just wait til we know how many fresh servers will there be.

1 Like

nothing else exists but fresh

6 Likes

Dead On Arrival

2 Likes

Dead like… dead dead? or dead like… “hey that hunter over there is dead”?

It will probably be full in the beginning because there’s not much to do unless you’re leveling a dk.

I imagine once wotlk hits everybody goes back to their server.

Starting over doesn’t really accomplish anything

1 Like

Yes they will happen, that’s all we know. Less than a week out and they have told us nothing on region, how many and what type. So… shrugs

zero reason for fresh, imo

1 Like

The success and life span of the fresh servers will be depend on many things, but will unquestionably be hopping for a few weeks. I think maybe the biggest question to ask yourself might be:

Do I enjoy “relevant” leveling 1-70/80 in a world full of like individuals, possibly with wpvp excitement?

If so, Fresh may be the right thing for you. It might be a bit of a risk, true. Also, it’s a fresh economy not ruined by RMT, at least for a bit. Keep in mind the bots will certainly try to ruin it immediately, and also player(s)/and or guild(s) stand accused of having plans to extensively manipulate and control entire Fresh server economies for personal gain.

So, if you like “relevant” leveling, I think you’ll enjoy fresh. If it’s more important to you to make sure you end up on a server with a strong and lasting community, it’s a risk. Peace!

Just like your DPS

3 Likes