Fresh realms or nah?

Totally your call. In my case, I like the idea of a fresh start realm, and have found a great community, so that’s what I’m going for. Of course you never know, and it depends on playstyle, etc.

The community I’m going with has been quite active in Discord, Beta, PTR, and already have 4 (or 5?) raid teams mostly established. I think we’re still actively recruiting for some specific roles and more community members.

If you’re interested, check it out!

2 Likes

Indeed, just like Archaic there are many already organized guilds with +4 rosters teams looking forward to start in fresh.

As has already been said to you it is hard to answer the fate of fresh servers without knowing how many fresh servers there. The more servers there are the higher chance for them to fail.

These forums have a lot of doom and glooming about fresh from the same types who are constantly negative and often unhelpful in other ways. Keep that in mind. Meaning that these same people would probably not reply but they do so not to help answer your question but instead only reply to be negative.

The real answer comes down to what you want out of the game.

Do you want to level with a lot of other people around you and do the content with them, organically find a guild etc?

Does the prospect of having to transfer off in the future bother you a lot if the server does die?

Do you want to be on a really huge server for a long time to where maybe you should just go to one now?

The fresh servers should be popping at the start, whether they stay active remains unseen, but you need to do what would make the game the most fun for you and that’s it.

You ain’t lying…

Only all 99s…I’m washed.

Not all opinions will be positive.

The people like me who are answering “negatively” are doing it because that’s our opinion.

There is 0 reason or benefit from starting over if you have worked on your toons from day 1 of Classic.

If you’re a new player than sure but I’m betting most new people go where their friends are.

There is no “helping” Op as it’s all opinion based.

1 Like

Sure if you say so. I’ve never seen you reply to a thread just to help someone. It’s typically to talk down to people, brag, or be negative.

2 Likes

I mean… there is still some reason and/or benefit from starting over. Personally, I’m outdated on this shaman and i don’t see the benefit of continuing this toon if no guild wants a phase 1 shaman. I would imagine i’m not alone in this line of thinking and probably think its best to just start fresh.

Pretty sure fresh is gonna die or become one more mega server before P2 drops

I guess if you’re not playing that character and you literally have no community on your server or any thing worth staying for.

Issue is though is it still a big risk because you don’t know how the servers will end up.

its definitely a “damned if i do, damned if i don’t.” lol

The more servers we have, the more of a split in the population we’ll get.
And without dungeon finder it’ll just be a ghost town in a month or two and everyone will run Grobb, Fae or Bene. :person_shrugging:t2:

Its unfortunate that those teams will never enter Ulduar. Atleast the players themselves will when they return to the servers theyre currently on

It’s good you aren’t aware of all my replies.

nope, at least the 5 rosters in Archaic are not currently playing any realm so your logic fails

Then theyll continue raiding on the private server they came from

they didnt come from a private server either. I know because I’m part of Archaic too, just people casually waiting for a fresh realm to call their home upon the Northrend call

1 Like

Cool. Hope you didnt buy a 6 month sub for 3 months of WOTLK

Yes on Fresh.

They’re probably not giving out details early because people ruined SOM that way. Gotta protect the players from themselves.

(They’ll still probably stack and ruin fresh servers. Watch.)

2 Likes

I didn’t :slight_smile:

I wish the best for fresh servers…

…but if we are being honest—they have maybe 3 months lifespan on them before people realize that there isn’t a 10k population and start screaming “DED SERVERS”.

3k populations just don’t cut it for the playerbase anymore.

2 Likes