FRESH Classic Server Launch with No Transfers! No Layering! and a Population Cap!

Faction balance is not a issue its pvp focus. Balance servers seem to favor horde because more horde pvps. Not sure if this can be fix.

Everything else is good. I wouldnt mind 1, 2 or 3 phases. Bwl, zg, and mc open day 1 or even aq in it. Then give nax some time. Even everything open from the start would be interesting.

I dont think people are as invested into characters as many think. When tbc came out, i lvl my lock that i hadnt played since month 3 of release. If there is a fresh start, many people will put there old toon on the shelf. Some might not like that idea but they dont have to join.

Also antifresh crowd wont miss the raid loggers if thats what your worried about not having enough people to carry you through aq 20.

1 Like

Blizz rents server space from Amazon. Amazon doesnā€™t give freebies.

i really like this idea- am bored to tears in current phase, but would crave a fresh reroll

1 Like

You seem like a guy whoā€™d post this a few years back. If there is demand, especially one which leads people to private servers, Blizzard will consider it, as history has shown.

Private server memes are no longer just dreams.

1 Like

Only a handful of servers are ā€œoverpopulatedā€. Iā€™m not on an ā€œoverpopulatedā€ server. There are so many servers to migrate to, that are not even remotely populated.

I donā€™t think this is a good enough reason to open up more servers, personally.

I donā€™t think weā€™ll ever have every single server in a perfect state of faction balance, ever. No amount of new servers will ever change this.

nah bro you gotta say fresh like this

F R E S H

maybe add in a little more pizzaz

~ F R E S H~

maybe a little more

<~F R E S H~>
^^^^^^^^^^^^

otherwise people wont know youre trying to force it

1 Like

Hey fresh servers could bring new players into the game the feel as if they missed the boat.

2 Likes

I would reroll there. Yes.

1 Like

I think you missed the sarcasm saying that a company as poorly run and underfunded as Daybreak can do something that the best in the business with all the money in the world says they cant.

just make your own personal Pserver

its time for the Fresh pserver meme to die

1 Like

there are MORE than ENOUGH servers for all players and them some

problem is people gathered on specific servers and refuse to leave even after waves of free transfers

there is no ā€œrealā€ overpopulation problem therefore no fresh server needed unless every single server goes High/Full wich is not the case

i liek how you cherry pick a single phrase to push the fresh agenda

unless every server is high or full

there is more than enough space in classic for more people

multi billion company owns you nothing get real

So if youā€™re friends want to join but the server is ā€œfullā€ they just canā€™t? Also how do you handle players who quit? If you havenā€™t logged in for a month your characters get deleted? Thereā€™s really no way for ā€œhard capā€ to work.

The point of new servers is to spread the playerbase and get them off the packed servers. Not allowing transfers defeats the entire purpose of opening new servers in the first place.

Hard no. Servers should all be in the same phase. Otherwise it gets confusing and people end up on servers in the wrong phase and the ā€œF R E S Hā€ players will ruin all existing servers just like they did to pirate servers.

Who said existing servers were ever going to BC in the first place?

World pvp is dead and garbage anyway. Thereā€™s a reason literally every single pvp server ended up 99/1 and put in warmode instead. And again if your friends are horde, and itā€™s 61/39 you canā€™t play with your friends?

This is a social game. Players all.congregate on the same faction on the same servers because of FOMO. Nobody wants to be on a ā€œdeadā€ server. Thatā€™s why some are completely packed, people want packed servers

You are just wrong on so many lvls. First off my server was super balance and fun wpvp so no just a few got destroyed.

No one wants to go to a dead server. They would start fresh though. Not sure why its such a hard concept to understand.

1 Like

Hard cap has to do with servers having a que timer. Bliz continuously expanded this at launch. Make suggestions for improvement donā€™t just shoot holes in an idea Zydax.

Wrong. The entire purpose is to apologize to players and make it up to them. New servers also will spread the player base. Itā€™s a win win. The point is obvious why not allow transfers. You have to make a lvl 1. If you are invested in your own property you will be less likely to TRASH IT with toxicity

Phase schedule is the best idea suggested in this post. Classic feels too rushed and players havenā€™t even had a chance to enjoy their MC gear before bwl came out. Some people have jobs and a family. Not everyone can live in momā€™s basement and milk unemployment for 6 months at a time.
Iā€™m pretty sure people who play wow can read at the start of their journey. ā€œPhase 2ā€ posted in the loading screen.

c
Catch up on your wow history.
Faction balance on PvP server is important. But NO SERVER WAS 99% BEFORE TRANSFERS. Again why this thread is so brilliant to say ā€œNo transfers EVERā€

1 Like

Iā€™d roll a character on a fresh server; however, I donā€™t think it would fix the population issues at peak times. While I would roll an alt on a fresh server to level through the initial rush again, I would still log onto my mains for raids. Assuming others would do the same, this would only help the problematic realms during times their queues are already low.

Still, would love to ride the hype of a fresh server again.

2 Likes

and it will be a new low pop dead server where the entire 5 guys who push the agenta play

See? Boehmund* gets it. Even max leveled raiding players will be drawn to an enjoyable new experience YET continue progress on their primary server.
The high pop times on the server can be shaved down by other mechanisms. Fresh server is never to be the end all solution for blizā€™s mistakes. Itā€™s for fun and to apologize to their customers for dishonorable actions and inconsiderate large scale moves that ruined many peopleā€™s long hard earned progress on their home servers

1 Like