Clearing up "Fresh" misconceptions and why its a good thing

I think they will fail and I have no interest in playing on them BUT I don’t care if Blizzard makes FRESH realms. You do NOT have to convince me, you need to convince Blizzard. IF Blizzard thought they would be popular they would make them.

Maybe try another FRESH reroll on a dead server to show Blizzard that you have the numbers AND the stamina to make it worth their while.

1 Like

Blizzard is not going to make excessive unnecessary realms just because you want one. People asking for fresh realms are only looking at the short term or only care about themselves. Blizzard looks at the bigger picture. Dividing out the playerbase across unnecessary realms is just stupid for a MMO. What you are then left with is empty realms that now need to be merged up. If we made a fresh realm every time someone asked for it; there would be hundreds of realms and most of them would be empty.

Maybe after crusade/wrath have run their course Blizzard might consider fresh realms again. But until then… really doubt it.

2 Likes

Another misconception is that these are in high demand. There is a lot of noise coming from a very loud, but fairly small population.

8 Likes

Didn’t Holly run that operation before she moved to Blizzard?

1 Like

I think? Not sure.

Stop it, only reason it exists is anti-boost mentality. There’s a demand outside of anti-boost for it but its the exception and not the rule.

Put simply, its a bandwagoned movement to protest the boost.
It’s something that never existed in TBC
It’s also something that’s private server specific
It’s something that only picks up a little steam via hype and drops off once the leveling is done.

A long term server for population health
A good forum thread

Only if it kills the seasonal server completely and transfers the characters to specific servers with faction disparities to help with server health of other servers ruined by imbalanced transfers with no restrictions.

Seasonal Server —> Season ends —> Ally xfer to horde dominated server (not their choice)
Seasonal Server —> Season ends —> Horde xfer to ally dominated server (not their choice)
Seasonal Server is wiped clean for another season.

4 Likes

I agree OP
I personally think seasonal servers are the answer.

5 Likes

There was a fresh classic server that came out 2 years ago and won game of the year. And there are fresh tbc servers that are 1 week old. Expect more in the future.

…if the seasons were years apart.

1 Like

Aren’t there a few dead servers you could play with a wiped economy then just gate yourself?

Really? What ones would those be?

Fresh/seasonal servers are the only thing that will breathe life into vanilla again.

1 Like

I don’t necessarily disagree with you but I don’t think we should declare Classic dead until TBC has been out for a few months. Give people a chance to drift back if they are so inclined.

1 Like

I would play seasonal fresh

2 Likes

“fresh” will still be flooded with bots and RMT and GDKP

lmao

I think the biggest problem with fresh is. What happens when those fresh are at their end?

Do we constantly just open more and more servers, that end up dead with little to no one on when it is at the end of its cycle - or do they just delete the server (thus your character with it) to start fresh again.

Either option really would be a buzzkill for someone and not a smart business move.

They would have to force transfer all characters off all classic realms into 1 and then delete all other classic realms and then re-open new with fresh. But you know how big a headache it would be to A) successfully force transfer all remaining classic characters to a single realm. B) The effort to watch multiple servers now for bugs and issues. C) The value would be low. Classic worked because a lot of people wanted to experience it for the first time or once more. Those people are done with it and moved on. You won’t get a large population to keep cycling through classic.

But they’ll be fresh bots.

the bigger picture is a short lived boost? sounds more like now than future

means wow is done. if now say “seasonal fresh server” are at its end. pretty much means all wow is at its end. they come to get away from retail, take that away there is nothing for them