French Interview with Ion

I don’t think so, I think they are suggeting that WC1-3 was One Chapter, CLassic-Wod was the 2nd Chapter and Legion-9.2 is the Third Chapter of a Trilogy.

What is beyond 9.2 might be so different it might be considered a whole new story.

2 Likes

Should that be true, I do wonder what they call those chapters. Though its fairly easy to a Legion-9.2 to be a Sylvanas chapter with how she ascended to Warchief in Legion, Started the Fourth War in BfA, and then everything in the Shadowlands. If I am correct it’s possible that 9.2, for better or worse, will be the end of the Sylvanas story… or it might be on pause like Illidan, Sargeras, Azshara, etc… have done lately.

I have to admit my first thought when seeing that was remembering Artanis’ click on quotes in which he declared Starcraft was not Warcraft in Space in Brood War. And that of course led me imaging WoW crossing over into other franchises like Starcraft, Diablo, etc…

I wouldn’t mind playing a Protoss or Infested Human.

With how alternate universes work in Warcraft, I don’t think crossovers are possible at all with the current lore. Alternate universes are simply versions of the current universe with slight differences. You won’t find any universes that are completely different or independent. The Diablo universe simply doesn’t exist in the Warcraft cosmology, for example.

3 Likes

And who says that Diablo and StarCraft are actual AUs and not the MU?..

The Protoss call themselves the First Born which is the title used by the earliest of First Ones in Babylon 5.

For all we know Protoss, Primal Zerg, Zerg, Purifiers, Terran, Naaru Prime and Void Lords are all First Ones in one single universe!

The Great Dark Beyond of course would be the Cosmic Realm of Order which the Naaru Prime and Void Lords clashed over the designing of(the Void Lords wanting it to be a Cosmic Realm of Time and the Naaru Prime wanting it to be a Cosmic Realm of Order) creating the Twisting Nether AKA the Cosmic Realm of Chaos.

My personal belief is that if we get “Void Elf” paladins, lorewise they should be High Elves. I know they have the Void Elf racial tag but i still think that would be the best way to have Thalassian Paladins on the Alliance. Especially if they’re going to be the standard Light wielding Paladins such as the humans.

Honestly wish they would either just rename them High Elves or give them a new racial name that can encompass BOTH the Void Elves & High Elves together. It would solve the whole issue of having to explain or restrict classes to them such as the Paladin. Perhaps if you pick the Paladin option you no longer have access to the Void skin colors or hair colors.

1 Like

I would love to see a Void Elf paladin just to see the Church the Light’s bishops head explode. Not to mention imagine the Silver Hand inducting elves who are empowered by the infused combination of Light and Void. That would probably shock every Silver Hand paladin. Just like when they saw Troll paladins or how the Cenarion Circle were shocked at the sight of troll druids.

I don’t think it would be game changing, but it would reveal that the two diametric forces, are but one and the same just two sides of the same coin. I always felt the Light and Void are very much connected to the hip.

Lets… not…

Void and Light are diametric inverses, matter and antimatter if you will. When they touch they go BOOM and make Fel. That is foundational cosmology stuff.

2 Likes

not at all, we see lightforged using void portals in BFA. We also have recent lore with Alleria and Turalyon combining their powers for enhanced interrogations. No fel explosions then. I think it would be really fascinating how that would play out.

Only WoWpedia states this! The Chronicle never mentions this! It never mentions the origin of Fel whatsoever! Nothing mentions the origin of Fel!

Translation (yes, I also know French): “We’re going to continue recontextualizing the world’s lore in ways that feel like retcons.”

I am really starting to hate this “sacred geometry.”

2 Likes

It’s not even real sacred geometry, itself a new age derivative of Christian Hermetic Kabbalah derivative of Medieval Jewish Kabbalah

I’m begging them read the Zohar at the very least

It’s just pretty aesthetics slapped on marvel celestials with some Tolkien Valar sprinkles :sob::skull:

2 Likes

You are talking about a game that began as a near blatant ripoff of Warhammer, with some really in your face D&D rips like silvermoon city… silverymoon says hello from Faerûn.

…I’d not expect quite so much of them as to get the concepts of Kabbalah down right.

4 Likes

I expect effort for cosmologic metaphysics :sob::sob::sob: it’s the literal in-universe foundation for all things :sob::sob::sob:

at least they paired the forces in a way that is mostly logical.

Except for Death and Life. That pairing seems wrong.

Light, Life, and Order are my instinctual trinity “positive polarity” pairing as Light and Life go together.

1 Like

The concept of various Zeriths is fine on paper. They should’ve, starting in Wrath, started dropping hints that there’s more to the universe than anyone realized. That the various Titan relics we seen all over azeroth, was merely the Titans themselves trying to replicate the First One tech.

1 Like

I maintain this idea of cosmic force 3d printer for ALL cosmic forces centers the cosmology on sci-fi and decenters (and arguably dismantles) more magical fantasy elements

This woulda been fine for Order.

Hell, we knew the Titans were described as metallic. We see it too.

Them being 3D Printed in some capacity makes sense.

4 Likes

And it makes sense they would try to replicate First Ones technology, and use it craft new beings, like they did with the Titanforged. They just never figured out how to do it on a cosmic level. Would explain why places like Draenor and Azeroth developed such radically different life forms.

Like I said, the various Zeriths are a great concept. They just needed more fleshing out, would’ve been fine if blizz was dropping hints over several expansions, instead of dumping all this info, out of nowhere mind you, on us all at once.

Even Zooval would’ve been fine, if we got hints of him during Wrath, could’ve had scourge mutter something like He’s watching, always watching or something when we killed them. Instead of finding out NOW that’s he’s been the ultimate evil up until this point and expecting the fans to care. :wolf:

I am dealing with the feeling of disenchantment by applying the converse of Clarke’s Third Law in liberal amounts:

“Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology.”

4 Likes

Truthfully? I don’t think anyone is actually bothered or upset by finding out life in Warcraft is massed produced by machines. We all seem to upset that we’re just finding this out NOW, instead of you know, a little hint here and there during the expansions that dealt with titan tech. :wolf: