French Dragonflight interview

Heroic? What exactly was heroic on shandris in sl?

When you get the literal cutscene in the literal game where Tyrande announces the victory achieved.

I said that in the following lines of my post. But my point is that we never get to see any of that. Some Dev can post something on Twitter that Night Elves got everything back and are now stronger than ever in control of half the world and it still wouldnā€™t matter unless we can actually see it.

They pretty much tell us: ā€œThere there, see that smoldering husk formerly known as Teldrassil? pretend itā€™s ok now. Go play somewhere else!ā€. I mean Darkshore belongs to the Horde half the time so that Victory cutscene rings hollow.

2 Likes

I understand and relate to this concern to some degree. I donā€™t get to see my victories at all most of the time, but we found out that Saurfang was our racial leader via twitter after two expansions of silence.
So, I get it.

But alsoā€¦ cutscene.

She was on a mission to save Tyrande from herself. She didnt enter hell to get revenge. She went there to save someone. Sheā€™s the one tracking down Tyrande.

3 Likes

I am hoping that they will make a very slightly modified Alliance victory phase of Darkshore the default one in Dragonflight, perhaps in 9.2.5ā€™s content. Our olā€™ buddy Zidormi can offer to send you into the warfront zones.

2 Likes

Weā€™re SUPPOSED TO BE WRATHFUL, Warlike in case youā€™ve forgotten what the first three letters of this game spell out. If Higher Powers are going to be the main game pieces in this game, what the hell would WE be here for?

Until we bloodied killed him and ended the Age of Dragonsā€¦ well at least for a couple of expacs.

She was an existential threat to life ā€¦ until both we and she found out that she was serving an existential threat to existence itself.

You might enjoy the idea of a game whose characters and/or their leaders spend their whole time quivering in fear.

The rest of us signed up for something a bit more heroic in theme. Whatā€™s the point of having factions if theyā€™re too afraid to fight?

The only reason we saw the enchanted valley restored in Pandaria was because plot was going to muck it up with the Cthulu gang.

Nothing will change in Darkshore unless itā€™s for the same type of reason.

Well they said 9.2.5 would show some old world changes in Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms since our departure for the Shadowlands. Brill is getting rebuilt, so locking the Darkshore default phase isnā€™t all that out of the cards.

2 Likes

And dollars to donuts any area that gets changes will also get quests in them as well. Theyu donā€™t make changes merely for cosmetic remediation.

But so far every single change we have heard about and seen datamined has centered around Lordearon and the Forsaken. A dev in a recent interview even said as much, and not once did they mention the Alliance nor Night Elves.

Like hopefully we are wrong, but atm I donā€™t trust them to actually follow through with the Alliance story.

Blizz Dev 1: Okay, we need to work on the Alliance story for 9.2.5 and further into 10.0
Blizz Dev 2: Hereā€™s my idea, we have Anduin-
Blizz Dev 3: We canā€™t use Anduin right now
Blizz Dev 4: We have to write an Alliance story WITHOUT Anduin!?
Blizz Dev 1: ā€¦
Blizz Dev 2: ā€¦
Blizz Dev 3: ā€¦
Blizz Dev 4: ā€¦

HOURS LATER-

Blizz Dev 1: ā€¦
Blizz Dev 2: ā€¦
Blizz Dev 3: ā€¦
Blizz Dev 4: ā€¦

7 Likes

Are we just pretending that Tyrande hasnā€™t had tons and tons of screen time???

1 Like

I think that pretending that the vast majority of events from BFA and Shadowlands never occurred is not simply a good idea but one necessary to being able to enjoying the game.

4 Likes

Not reallyā€¦? They are not done with her story arc. She has (or wll have) a spooky magic seed to do something with. I do not expect Tyrande to be a /big/ presence in dragonflight, anymore than she was in Shadowlands outside Ardenweald. She likely will either be in the Green Flight story, or else the Redsā€”Most likely the former. Iā€™d be surprised if she shows up otherwise.

2 Likes

Say what you want about the quality of the writing, but letā€™s not pretend Tyrande hasnā€™t had the spotlight on her pretty steadily since Battle for Azeroth leading into Shadowlands.

4 Likes

ā€¦that was not what I was saying.

I was replying ā€œNot Reallyā€ as in ā€œNo I am not really pretending that Tyrande hasnā€™t had tons and tons of screen timeā€.

So yea.

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying, and sorry for thinking you might be one of those delusional players that actually believe that Tyrande had a bit part in WoW as of late. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I was actually really compelled by the slow burn of Sylvanas story in cinematics with captive Anduin until she actually acted upon dominating him. Like, I could have been completely fine had she gone all ā€œI will never serveā€ instead of dominating Anduin. Im really baffled that they actually thought the split soul narrative was better than that.

Shadris isnā€™t living in the zone, she isnā€™t dead. There isnā€™t an important night elf npc that is living in ardenweld. I believe the only characters we know who we encounter that live in that zone are a tauren and some trolls.