French Dragonflight interview

this buildings were from the titanforged…not the dragons per se…the dragons didn´t build citys…

Tyrshold was built by the Titanforged though. Not the Dragons. But it is possible that the Night Elves borrowed or were inspired by some titan architecture. Their primary temple to Elune was built on top of a hidden titan base. For what purpose it originally had we don’t know. But Aegwynn used it to imprison the Avatar of Sargeras.

I mean most Zandalari architecture we see throughout BFA (and by extension most troll architecture) was inspired by Uldir and its seal buildings. Considering that Dazar intentionally made one of those his seat of power after learning about G’huun and the threat the test tube Old God posed.

I do find it weird that the Titanforged had different architecture depending on the area. We got norse style in Northrend. Egyptian in Uldum and Ahn’Qiraj. Eastern architecture in Pandaria. Greek / Roman for Ulduman. Meta reasons aside, I wonder what the in-universe reason is for this.

Ancient Night Elven architecture borrows quite a bit from the neo-classical style. The only other type of architecture we see like that is in Ulduman.

2 Likes

Who knows maybe the Blues near the Nightborne in Azsuna have gone native after seeing Runas’ selfless sacrifice. Emmigosa, Senagosa, et all (hopefully I spelled those names right been a minute) may be slurping down all the now unecessary arc wine. Just need to find some cigarettes that are dragon sized and that could be a reality.

1 Like

So no horde characters again?

11 Likes

Ebornhorn will be involved in the Black Dragonflight story with Wrathion. I’m just hoping that Sabellian is involved too in a good way, otherwise he can just chill on Outland.

9 Likes

I found it odd that they said Wrathion was the last of the black dragons during that reveal. They said it at least twice.

I know everyone on the Dev team ignores/forgets about Tauren, and the Horde, but I was like… um… what about Ebonhorn?

It seems all the more disingenuous that they have Ebonhorn involved but keep calling Wrathion “the last” and “the only”.

Unless they are going to say Ebonhorn doesn’t count as black for some reason - which would be an interesting discussion.

17 Likes

I hadn’t noticed that and now I’m just hoping that it was just Blizzard low-key pointing out the ego of the self proclaimed last Black dragon.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t it be technically correct though from Wrathion point of view? Because unless I missed something, I don’t think Wrathion is aware Sabellion or Ebonhorne are still alive and well. :wolf:

I think Ebonhorn and Wrathion meet in BfA - they are in the same room, anyway. I think they are both in MOTHER’s room for a while. They might even both be fighting alongside each other when Raden is kidnapped and Nzoth attacks the room - it had been a while but I think they are both there.

5 Likes

Okay. But does Wrathion Know Ebonhorn is a black dragon and not just a another tauren? That’s the key part.

Ebonhorn does help us get a black dragon scale to empower the heart. It isn’t a secret.

It would be ludicrous to think they were in the same room, worked together to construct a legendary cloak infused with the power of the black dragon flight, fought off an old god invasion, and still didn’t know they were both Dragons - of the same flight, no less.

Even prior to that in BfA, during the Island Expeditions, we give Wrathion’s agent a black dragon scale. And Wrathion was expecting us :

"Hello, I was told to expect you, Kindly hand over the scale.

We will, of course, compensate you.

First in information. Have you heard of the Dragon Isles. Few have, and fewer have been there.

We have not found others of the master’s kin… forthcoming in information."

It seems even Wrathion knows there are other Black Dragons, and Blizz was just trying to hype it up with lies. Or Wrathion is the only one that counts as far as they are concerned, which is just as likely.

5 Likes

Oh please, the faction bickering was part and parcel and without it, I doubt most people would have found Mists as compelling.

Maybe. Or maybe they never wanted the dragons/dracthyr(man I going to have to learn to spell it without checking) to be a major part of the faction conflict/faction politics and view these races as suppose to be neutral but gameplay wise needing to be one of the two factions.

Like it is clear they dont want the faction conflict to dominate but at the same time that stream talked about how the very start of the expansion allows the players to jump between boat and kill the other faction if they wanted(so they clearly see the faction pvp as important)

5 Likes

IRL Humans also have different architecture based on region of the world. I never understood fantasy races being forced into these small contained boxes.

1 Like

Yes irl different human developed different building process separately. That doesn’t apply to them.

1 Like

Not a huge fan of tearing down factions. Half the reason the faction war is toxic is because the writers were unable to tell an actually morally grey faction war with legitimate reasons on both sides for conflict.

It will just feel like Guild Wars, and as someone who tried Guild Wars, it felt weird to play a Charr, have this huge emphasis on how the only force and authority I respected was my legion, only to suddenly be all about (as in my character being about) Tyria united after a few order missions.

5 Likes

My take is the different styles may just be from different Titan’s influences. Sure the Titans themselves are Greco-Roman but maybe the dude who made Uldum just like Egyptian Aesthetics- or in this case his own. And so on for each region.

1 Like

In GW2’s defense, if you played through the story they played up the divisions still existing, a whole seperatist movement, and then later in the story in Icebrood Saga it also played heavily into the story(The fact that maybe Charr didn’t need to be friendly with the others in the face of their common enemy anymore). And some of it still lingers to this very day. So at the very least they acknoledged it and let it play out a bit more realistically rather than “focusing on renweal” after an actual genocide.

3 Likes

In my defense, I haven’t played through most of GW2 story and entered the game mostly blind (though I have read up on some previous lore by then), I’ve only gotten up to the chapters where you start taking the fight to Zhaitan and Orr (as a Charr) before coming back to WoW for Shadowlands. I also vaguely spoiled myself when looking at some future media (I don’t remember what character said it and what the context was) where someone said something along the lines of “We’re Tyrians, we don’t like being pushed around!” and I just think of how cringe it would be said in the context of Azeroth. (Especially in the wake of BFA)

I only played it while taking a break from WoW. I might revisit while waiting for Dragonflight. Not hating on GW2 (and I’m
definitely thinking of revisiting it), it’s just that I expect a different tone from Warcraft, which put emphasis on the faction divide from the get-go.

1 Like

Wrathion knows about Ebonhorn. He helped with the potion that saved him from N’Zoth and outright says he cares about Ebonhorn because they are brothers. As for Sabellian, there is currently nothing to suggest that Wrathion knows he even exists.

15 Likes

I hope so, would be a cool little questline

1 Like