#freethemogs

God Emperor bless you </3

#freethemogs

5 Likes

Excuse me?

But yeah I agree restrictions are stupid.

Ah the old days when I wore a dress not because I looked great in it, but because I had to on account of them having the best healing stats.

Not that I did much healing when there was single target 5 minute duration buffs to hand out.

2 Likes

Nope. I think it is important to keep players looking somewhat like their class dictates. Obviously for true RP elements you can put on said armor of the lesser class and gain that appearance. The way it is set up right now is completely fine and should not be changed.

Fortunately I played (almost) exclusively horde through Vanilla so I don’t even have to block that out of my memory.

You heard what I said. Half our armor sets are unusable and you know it. At least shaman gets cool thematic stuff. We get some nasty scales and bones at best.

#freethemogs

3 Likes

Perhaps you didn’t click on View Profile when you clicked on me.

/hoodflip

Of course, it’s an elven ranger set from Nighthold. One of few rare exceptions. One of the few sets I can actually stand to wear!

#freethemogs

3 Likes

Isn’t that why we have underwear? I mean people can just not wear pants, and people do just that. Let us hide our pants dammit!

I wouldn’t do it on this character but I’m cool with it just in general.

9 Likes

And give us bikini/speedo options!

6 Likes

I think cross-armor type transmogs could be allowed but only if there was some kind of restriction on them. Like, you have to use a special rare or expensive item that allows you do it on one single appearance. That would limit the number of people using plate on cloth or viceversa etc.

Also can we PLEASE get some proper glasses already for the love of god.

1 Like

Yes please!

2 Likes

Said the Cloth wearer with PLATE ARMOR currently transmogged in.

Right…

4 Likes

I fully agree especially as a hunter… They could at least do a compromise where everyone can transmog their class armor type and one below (and for clothies they can mog up one tier to leather). I don’t care if I can’t use cloth or plate, at least having leather would be a huge opening of new options.

4 Likes

I’m not for getting rid of armor type restrictions, however I feel, like glyphs, gems, the new crafting system, Transmogrification is just another system that has been poorly executed by the developers.

Why does the Shark-tooth pauldron from Freehold come in only plate and mail? How come, in an expansion about naval powers, with specifically themed Pirate zones and an instance in a Pirate city, we only get 6 more cosmetic hats, in faction colors, when it was datamined that there were scores more hats, including an updated version of the First Mate Hat from classic Wow.

When are we getting the original Scholomance sets back?!

1 Like

Developers philosophy:

Too much fun is dangerous. If we implement too much fun at once, and we get upset about players having fun it will be difficult to go back on the decision and take it away. Let’s instead turn the drip to one drop per patch and control the fun to our pace.

BTW, I am not joking. This is literally their current reasoning (paraphrased for effect of course) for transmog restrictions, and most development in general.

6 Likes

I like how “I’m a plate wearer who wants to mog cool chainmail helms” means I want all restrictions of all kinds to be removed from the game.

2 Likes

Haaa ha ha!

Guess they don’t care about making money then.

“its not about YOU, its the CONSUMER!”
-Joe Dirt.

1 Like

Technically they make more money this way. That is the sad part. That is why they do it.
Introducing later recolors of anything, even if they were data mined years ago, makes players come back. :frowning:

Do you know how many people lost their marbles and threw gold at the wall to get that Blue Firelands Paladin recolor from IE?

That’s a terrible idea.
And that’s exactly why I think that’s something blizzard would do. And I hope they don’t.

Blizzard please! Never remove the armor type restrictions. Please!

1 Like