Freely change covenants

I’m having a hard time playing my mage because I can’t switch covenants when I want. I raid and duel outside orgrimmar mostly. Raiding always requires venthyr for frost. Necrolord frost isn’t that viable for mythic raiding. Venthyr frost is pretty bad in duels. Necrolord frost is so much more fun for me in duels. I also like Necrolord frost for arena. What should I do?

I really need to be able to freely change covenants. Is this something blizzard is looking into or are they just ignoring this problem?

4 Likes

They don’t see it as a problem and I doubt it’s going to change.

Gotta hold out until the next xpac and hope the next system they implement doesn’t suck as much

5 Likes

They don’t think it’s a problem. They think it’s “meaningful choice.”

4 Likes

Maybe they can give Necrolord Frost a little buff so its viable in Mythic Raiding single target? That would solve all my issues.

They pretty much made the stance that it won’t be changing. They might change their minds after the X-pac is over.

Not changing.
Go necrolord, you ain’t going world first, you’ll be fine with a competent group to down mythic raids.

If you don’t want to do that then just ignore the second part of my response.

its not fun being on the bottom of meters; venthyr is more fun for me in raiding.

1 Like

Then git gud.
Necrolord is touted as a great choice for raiding. [boss encounters vary]
Venthyr being top though.

If you are bottom of the dps meters, then there are other factors, covenants not being one of them.

I don’t mean literal bottom. I just mean not top 3. I’d be happy with top 5 as necrolord.

Get out of that mentality, or learn to adapt, world raiders do, and you seem to want to… like everyone else who complains about this stuff, to constantly be on top.

There is nothing to adapt to if the play style is not fun for me. Not being high in the meters is boring.

1 Like

In order to ‘ignore’ it, it needs to be a problem. It’s not a problem, so there is nothing to ignore.

1 Like

You never said it wasn’t fun, you said not viable.

It’s perfectly viable.

If you don’t like the playstyle then clearly either settle on the one you can tolerate, or don’t play it at all and come back next expansion.

Blizzard isn’t budging for now.

not being able to switch covenants is a problem, where are you from?

1 Like

I can’t switch classes either. Is that a problem?

I love the playstyle of Necrolord frost. It’s not viable on a competitive level. Meaning top 3-5 single target. Why do you think its worthy? It’s horrible single target.

You can reroll.

I said viable,… because raiding is a team effort.
Not an epeen stroking dps meter fest.

And you can switch covenants.
Faster than I can reroll.

Or…

Find another class/spec you can REROLL that has a covenant you can use for pvp and raiding. If not, tough tomatos.

1 Like