#freefranq - calling out those who know him

This is meant to all the people that knows and have played with Franq.

I’ve known him for years and if you do too, you know that his recent bans were not 100% legitimate bans due to offensive behavior or language. He is a passionate player of this game and been playing a monk since I’ve met him, 4 years ago. I have seen toxic behavior in this game, I have played it for 14 years now… and since I joined the Killer Instinct community, I can vouch that his notoriety has only grown within the bg premade community, and have never witnessed a foul behavior that would warrant a ban. We all react to situations inside a battleground and that’s what Franq got presumably banned for.

He doesnt do arenas (after he gets rating), or solo shuffle… he only plays his monk in battlegrounds with ppl he knows. With that said, we need to look at the report system that this game has, becouse it doesnt takes into account his case… his notoriety. While most of us can banter and talk sh@t inside a battleground without being reported or even noticed… his behavior is scrutinized closer.

What im asking for is… if you know Franq… and I know ppl from both Horde and Alliance, who loves him and are excited to play with him and against him, SPEAK OUT! Even if it was automated, or a targeted mass spam report, he should should AT least know why he was banned. I do believe he was automated perma ban, the same way of his other suspensions, no human supervision… as you can see by the e-mail he got:

Put in game tickets, let a human know whats going on. Can’t let a stupid report system deprive us of this great player!

8 Likes

I don’t believe account closures are ever automated.

5 Likes

You have to say some foul things to get a permaban for abuse in chat. He likely got multiple warnings, too. You are probably leaving out a lot of details.

16 Likes

#free franq

bgs just got less fun :frowning:

Look at the email, if it was with you… wouldn’t you wanna know what did you typed that made ppl report you ?

1 Like

I feel like I’d know.

4 Likes

its only an account ban not a battlenet ban.
make a new account and don’t say bad words.

10 Likes

Whoa, account closed for language? I figure it would take MULTIPLE suspensions for this to happen.

2 Likes

It does, yeah.

2 Likes

Yeah, it was after multiple suspensions for language.

I’ve seen the screenshots from Blizzard for what kind of language got him suspended before, and it’s not even really toxic language; it’s just stuff like saying people are bad at the game.

We’ve known for a while now that he’s got haters in the bg community who are quick to report any little thing he says that can be construed as offensive, and that’s what happened.

8 Likes

Social Contract hits Franq for over 9,000 (Critical)

5 Likes

Tbh, we all know Franq is the nicest guy ever who can’t keep his mouth shut. I’m incredibly sad he’s gone but he really gotta learn how to put a lid on it lmao

All yall in KI shoulda helped him learn how to talk through a filter

1 Like

i’m gonna miss farming his premades in bgs :pensive:

#freeFranq

WoW without Franq is like Neverland without Captain Hook

WoW without Franq is like middle-earth without Gandalf

WoW without Franq is like Hogwarts without Dumbledore

WoW without Franq is like the white house without the president

WoW without Franq is like Star Wars with no Luke Skywalker

WoW without Franq is like the universe with no god!

All monks felt great disturbance in their zen, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced

Please reverse this travesty of injustice blizzard.

5 Likes

I hate the social contract too. I’ve been banned a few times too. I should have the liberty to call pugs what they deserve sometimes. It’s all hot, flaming poop!

3 Likes

Their punishment system has always been lazy and bad.

And the reason is cause they dont want to hire people to actually read over nay even skim over the actual evidence before they ban someone its just a bot that drops the hammer upon a certain # of reports i’ve had it happen.

Then when you try to appeal they basically give you a copy paste answer they have on clickboard somewhere that tells you “ha no if you try to contact us again we will extend the punishment or close the account”.

But tragically everyone who tries to bring light on it gets told to “ahur just stop being toxic and you wont have to deal with it” thats not an answer or a reason for as to why it is the way it is.

Especially when what is “toxic” and what isnt is strictly up to the gm (maybe) who is deciding wether or not to ban you

1 Like

franq has been perma banned? :frowning: this is tragic news, rip franq

lol. obviously the guy deserved the ban.

4 Likes

yeah seems like he deserved it.

3 Likes

They permaban for bad language? Wow that is harsh

Do I need to stop calling out the idiots in my bgs now :(?

Don’t worry about the EFC/flag, just keep fighting at that GY/bridge. You’re doing great, you’ll get them next time champ. No, that wasn’t sarcasm, please don’t report me!

4 Likes