Free xfers from high to low are needed now

Even though I reserved my names weeks in advanced, I made the switch from Faerlina to Sulfuras because of the insane queue. I spent a week leveling characters, with my main currently at 24. Now, a week later, Sulfuras is full with a queue of 2k (not bad compared to others, but a queue nonetheless on a server that went from a low population to high/full in a matter of days).

Blizzard insists if we don’t want to wait, we make the switch to the even newer servers. Who will do that now, especially after they invested so much into a newer server already? Not to mention the friends accumulated on said server–who will break with their own friends and guild?

I understand the community-based risks of free transfers, but unless Classic starts to wear off on thousands of people within the next week, queues are going to become a common thing.

3 Likes

And that is the time to offer free transfers if needed. They plan to do away with layering you know - that is when they will see if they need to try to force people off the full transfers.

1 Like

It won’t work at that point qs will be gone you do it now while people are willing. Why would leave their stable server to go to an unstable one at that point

cherry picking to create a false narrative

1 Like

I waited a few days because I knew classic servers were gonna be nuts. Joined up on Benediction the day after it was made, have never had any issues. Work smarter, not harder.

If i knew that they were going to open up 20 more servers I would have. Blizzard didn’t even know how big it was going to be

Ok I was mistaken they only warned people once to move off of there, my bad.

What makes you think there still won’t be a queue by then ? But let’s say you are right, then there is no point in giving free transfers when the problem will fix itself.

“You’ve only been playing a day. Reroll.”

“You’ve only been playing a week. Reroll.”

“You’ve only been playing a month. Reroll.”

“You’ve only been playing a year. Reroll.”

At what point does this statement become stupid?

3 Likes

Never because you had the option to move on the first day but chose not to do so. You chose to stay on a bloated realm and hope everyone moved instead. That’s called being part of the problem, rather than the solution. I on the other hand, did move on the first day, dropping my 7/6/6 characters. The sooner, the better. If you decide to wait weeks or months instead, that’s your own fault.

it was stupid the moment they offered name reservations

Since my time available to play is limited, one week was my deadline.

Got to lvl 16 on a Warrior, thinking that I wouldnt stick for Classic

Well, now i´m hooked and need to reroll somewhere else because I cant waste time on queues or be bothered to check in via remote access.

Not great, not terrible.

You just said at the time the servers are starting to die are you being serious?

And you are thinking I’m saying the problem is server qs. Listen to what I’m saying, populations will be imbalanced… there will be high pop servers, and then there will be dead servers… free xfers early will fix this as people are willing to leave if their characters can come.

Do you even know how to read

Please open transfers (paid or free) from high population servers to low population servers.

1 Like

He’s right Spooge, you are not.

1 Like

Can we (paying customers), please get word on when we can transfer. I find it very hard to believe that Blizzard is not having discussions about this. We Need A DATE!
My play group/friends are all scattered across realms because nobody has the time to wait hours to play. Nor do I have the time to start over, and play catchup with my friends.
I played Vanilla and only came back for Classic. Transfers were a part of the old vanilla, so i don’t see why this could’t be implemented sooner rather than later.
I will not wait long, and if this is not an option, you will have made me very sad. Please advise. If you tell me it’s months or a year away, you have failed your customers. Again.

PS Any trolls who respond telling me to just reroll can bite me. I have a day job. THX.

1 Like

http://gph.is/1HDwSnG

Yes I know you want a free transfer.

No I don’t agree with you.

Other people rerolled you can to, but you would rather just keep investing in that character and hope blizzard fixes the problem for you.

Pretty sure I understand enough.

you are on herod…

However, I am all for them offering paid transfers at some point in time because that isn’t going to create other problems.

You literally aren’t ready a single thing I’m saying if you think this is all about qs