Free to play level 20?

My friend at work was considering trying out wow Classic. Was wondering if there was on option to try it for free? 7 day free trial? anything?

There is not.

damn that sux. Their web page is misleading. It has BOTH as possibilities.

in the top right corner, it says TRY FREE

however on the PLAY NOW button it has a *subscription required

1 Like

There has to be active game time on the account to be able to play wow classic. A while back I was able to get a 3 day free trial from CS after explaining that I was really interested in coming back but didn’t know if the game was still something I wanted to play. I explained that if I was going to try it again that I really wanted to do it on my existing characters or not at all.

The CS rep didn’t particular seem comfortable with giving any more than that, as I asked for 7 days to start. Sometimes Blizzard will send out 7 day free trials via email especially when expansion launches or big patches come out.

Tell your friend to submit a support ticket and see if they can help with a few days of gametime so they can try out the game.

F2P level 20 is for retail, not classic.

just told him this information and he’s a tad sad. we’ll see if I can convince him to try it by paying for a sub.

give them a trial of retail wow, the sub comes with classic they can play for that time

1 Like

you can download retail wow anytime and play free untill level 20,. no trial.

Do they not have the friend referrals that you can give out still?

Hmm friend referral?

you could try emailing or phone calling blizzard at normal hours and explaining your situation to them, its not unheard of for them to do some stuff he could technically create an account that will explode after 2 days or something, 90% of them are rude these days though, good luck

If you yourself has the full version of the game you should be able to get him in here on a trial or something, that could be retail though and not classic wow, not sure if that counts as “active account” or whatever.

Hmm. I’ll try and find it

whats ironic is that I started playing wow in the first place because I could do the 10 day free trial over and over again lol, it was painful for my account to delete itself every so often but that’s what I did
they would get tons of people with a vanilla only trial, im still here 15+ years later

He could watch gameplay

Looks like the RAF is done just through the retail game client. I created one we’ll see what happens. Thanks

i Feel like having lvl 20 cap for trials would be good for the game.

No… I am not interested in spam accounts in Orgrimmar promoting WoW gold sales. They would have to be really strict rules. (No speaking at ALL) and not able to leave starting areas.

You don’t have to buy retail but he can play it buy just paying for the one month sub.

It’s worse than that. If you use the free trial, all the low-level zones are still there. You can make characters, do quests, try out many of the game feature for free.

But there’s a catch –

This is the FIXED version of all the zones, all the quests, and hundreds of other things. If you play that and really like it,
you will probably NOT like playing the unfixed Classic, with all its time-consuming questlines and hundreds of restrictions and bugs.