Free to play level 20?

Referral simply gives the inviter rewards, for Inviting the person who is new to wow and they buy game time essentially.

Buy your friend a 30$ gamecard, and see if he enjoys the first 60 days

should be hooked by then

You can play WoW for free up to level 20. WoW Classic does not have such a trial account period. It is free to play* with a retail subscription.

once you click on it and enter the page and read up yeah. But just the initial wow classic screen with Rag, you have the top right corner that says TRY FREE and then on the lower right /middle with the PLAY NOW* (subscription required. Includes access to WoW Classic.) Just sloppy web design is all. It is obvious that they just took the WoW web design, slapped a rag pic and some writing about classic but left the buttons and crap the same and didn’t proofread that darn thing.

yeah. Thinking of getting him a gamecard or something. That is the other option.

Without free to play we get less spam but it doesn’t completely eliminate it. Very close to eliminated compared to vanilla.

Where it has a button that says, “Play Now*”

And right below it: “*Subscription required. Includes access to World of Warcraft and WoW Classic.”

We may be looking at different pages, because I don’t even see “TRY FREE” anywhere here:

Tis neither here nor there. Non important. But even in your link its at the top right, it is the same screen. next to subscribe, says play free.

it is just bad design is all. The TRY FREE button shouldn’t even be there if there is no option. The top Button bar from the page is just carried over from WoW retail and when you click wow classic, the bar doesn’t change and just the web page itself changes with classic info and pics
 The TRY FREE button should be eliminated.

Oh, I see it now. I had to check an incognito page, because it doesn’t show it if I’m logged in :slight_smile:

Yeah, it’s a site-wide navigation menu. I see what you mean.

There is no free version of Classic. If there were, we’d be spammed daily with gold sellers on fake accounts.

This is what I did when a friend couldnt afford to pay for the month.
I went and bought a 60 day time card and sent him a message
with the numbers off the card.

It’s a lousy $15 bucks. Definitely one of the cheapest forms of entertainment while hunkering down. Just give it a try.

If you could go to a restaurant, we are talking about the price of a burger here.

Trial accounts in retail cannot whisper you, use trade chat, invite you to groups, be part of guilds, and other restrictions.