Free Flight and Allied Races Unlocked in 10.1.5!

Are they saying that once you unlock one allied race they all become available to you?

1 Like

No, as long as you have at least one level 40 character on your account, then you can go to the embassy and do the allied race unlock quests.

You still have to do each unlock quest for each one, but there is no other questing, achievements, rep or anything else required to do the unlock quests, besides having one level 40 character.

2 Likes

I think these are some really wonderful improvements. As a person who has bought maximum flying on probably close to a hundred characters and grinded (ground?) rep to unlock all the Allied Races, I am very happy that new players and/or players who haven’t done this yet will not have to deal with the same things I did.

6 Likes

Goth Gf Chromie.

1 Like

Blizzard “Hey guys! We’ve added so many new features and ways for you guys to enjoy playing and we are trying to listen to fan feedback and are committed to making the game better!”
all of us “goth Chromie”

They are saying having a level 40 is the new unlock requirement

… I rolled one.
He’s a druid.
:seedling: :wolf::first_quarter_moon_with_face:

both of these are already in game

I meant if others can gain it after it’s unlocked. :thinking:

Hi! :wave:

I have a question, so if I’ve got a level 30 or a level 60 toon, and they give me the quest “Time To Fly” and complete it, does that unlock mount speeds/flying is it just for the toon that’s finished it, or would I have to do the quest for each of my toons?

Thank you so much!

I wish there was a third faction where you can play the bad guy instead of playing hero all the time.

I want to be baaaaaaaaad.

:panda_face:

Wait a second… aren’t you the guy that told everyone SL was great???

:dracthyr_hehe_animated:

Nice i can finally unlock NightBorne without doing all the quests, then again i would never play as one

1 Like

Your characters will automatically learn riding abilities at an appropriate level. So, at level 30 you get Expert Riding and at Level 40 you get Master riding (levels 10 and 20 for the lower level riding skills).

The levels are earned per character. To quote the blue post:

Characters now learn the appropriate mount riding skill upon reaching the appropriate level without needing to visit a mount trainer.

The “Time to Fly” would be required for your first Level 30 in order to get the free mount but it’s likely you don’t need to do it on any subsequent characters as the mounts are naturally account wide.

Speaking as someone who’s bought max speed flight, he can take his post, fold it 'till it’s all corners, and take it as a suppository.

This is excellent for new players. And just as good for those of us leveling alts. Personally, I’m looking forward to it.

Gothromie looking cool.

1 Like

So you’re just admitting to the fact that if you had to suffer, everyone else should? You can’t be happy for players that don’t have to go through the same struggle? You must be a miserable person IRL. This is not bad for the game. Forcing new players to play HUNDREDS of hours to go and grind out all the allied races in dead zones IS bad for the game.

3 Likes

Absolutely amazing more race diversity was needed

There’s a large portion of the population that feels that way and it’s very unfortunate. I think it really reflects a lack of empathy and not a small amount of pettiness.

1 Like

It should read:

• Added 5 new fur colors and a tail option for Worgen.
1 Like