Free Flight and Allied Races Unlocked in 10.1.5!

This will be exciting news for some of you. Im just the friendly messenger here

CHARACTERS

• Added 5 new fur colors for Worgen.
  • All restrictions for unlocking Allied Races have been removed, with the exception of a level requirement.
  • All Allied Races can now be unlocked once you have a level 40 character on your account (was level 50).
  • Newly created Allied Race characters will now be directed to Chromie, not the warboard.
  • Characters now learn the appropriate mount riding skill upon reaching the appropriate level without needing to visit a mount trainer:
    • Level 10 - Apprentice Riding
    • Level 20 - Journeyman Riding
    • Level 30 - Expert Riding
    • Level 40 - Master Riding
      • Developers’ note: Riding trainers will still exist in the world, but you will be unable to purchase riding skills from them.
  • Characters that reach level 30 will receive the quest “Time to Fly” and be awarded with a flying mount, Harbor Gryphon for Alliance characters and Scarlet Pterrordax for Horde characters.

Source

19 Likes

so the flying skill will save about 5-6k gold not bad not bad

9 Likes

Man… Gonna have to roll a worgen now… Maybe… Probably…
:wolf: :womans_hat:

6 Likes

Any word on the allied race tabards and mounts?

It might ruin the Void elf heritage outfit without the tabard and mount.

2 Likes

So will they auto-unlock for new players or do they still need to do the questlines once they hit 40?

1 Like

For the love of GOD give us gothic Gnomes so we can look like evil chromie!!!

7 Likes

Not sure it’s safe to hype her yet. Something is odd about this dungeon. :thinking:

1 Like

Look at her! Her story could be written by Ronald Mcdonald. I wouldnt care.

4 Likes

You still need to do the unlock scenario.
You just dont need to do the story related to them any more such as voldun for vulpera

3 Likes

When does this go live, I want the customisable warlock pets and ability to unlock a few allies I’m missing

6 Likes

i demand a refund for all my characters , as a fomo believer this is not good for the game

1 Like

I see. Still not ideal for new players but it’s better than it was before.

1 Like

I see…

No seriously just what? :rofl:

2 Likes

Ya know as much of a mess that the game has been, 10.1.5 isn’t lookin too bad.

4 Likes

I’ve been harping on that since vanilla Scholomance :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Would you say it’s a… ?

gets drink ready

2 Likes

Best I can guess is they are referring to the gold spent on ground/flying training on various characters over the years.

Silly? yes, but that’s my best guess

1 Like

opinion disregarded

Oh. My. Freaking. Diety!

this devalues the time and effort I put into scrounging my first stash of gold to buy not only my first flight mount, but also the ability to fly!

I richeously demand a refund for all my googleplexian alts that I had to spend gold to get them in the air. I was forced to come up with thousands and thousands of gold, and now its just given away for free??

Slaps!! It is so many slaps to all the faces!!

j/k :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Cool cool cool. Can we do something about the “level from 1 to 50 to unlock heritage armor” nonsense some races have then?