Free Cov swap on patch day?

You made a choice, you don’t want to stick with it. This is on no-one but you. Asking to change the game to meet your needs is pretty bad and self centered… even to go on and spew attacks aimed at the game itself.

Oh tell me it isn’t so… that the feedback from Alpha to launch that said that ‘optimal’ covenants would switch each tier… is truly happening.

It’s like we might have predicted this but many didn’t want to hear it.

Don’t forget it’s about ‘meaningful choice’.

1 Like

Honestly they should just separate the power choice from the aesthetic one, like so many people have suggested. It can even still make sense within the world and story they’ve created here.

They’re all supposed to be helping each other, right? So bunk with the Night Fae because you like fairies and stuff, but borrow some vampire juju from Revendreth, instead of sipping the moonberry juice or whatever.

It’s not a separation that I need, but for the people who are so wound up about it, it’s a decent solution.

1 Like

Nobody is attacking the game here dude. Not asking to part the red sea or anything… Just asking if we can save some time here…

Seems like your kinda fingering them as the bad guys that are doing something to you though.

I like posting after posts like these as it makes me look more stable.

These statements are observations. I am not just blatantly attacking blizzard. your taking comments out of context. I am stating obvious flaws and trends players have seen through past expansions.

AND REALLY WHAT TF WOULD IT HURT TO MAKE TO MAKE COVENANTS INTERCHANGABLE?

#PullTheRipcord.

4 Likes

pfff they arent going to do that. The entire reason they are “balancing” covenants and legendaries is to get people to play content more. More MAU’s. Whats that? This covenant is now better for my spec? Play more content to unlock crap all over again. Whats that? This legendary is good now? See boys, I told you… people love torghast!

1 Like

I actually do like thorgast. I like growing in power and smashing big packs of mobs.

I liked it the first few times but it quickly became a snoozefest

Blizzard’s inaction on the issue is a large part of why it’s an issue in the first place.

They’re balancing, or at least trying to, and that’s swell. It’s about 6 months too late though. We’ve known since beta which covenants were good and which ones sucked. Why is it only now that people are so heavily entrenched in their choices that they’re getting around to what has been a major source of tension in the community since quite literally the day it was announced?

1 Like

I mean, I just want to try out another covenant to see how it plays without losing months of progress. I don’t care about power increase/decrease, I want to experiment.

1 Like

hahahaha you think blizz cares how you feel or think? :rofl: this is all on you

1 Like

Only takes a couple days to max out renown. They make it relatively easy from a time standpoint to swap

Even worse is the stunt they pull when they do stuff like

Make flaying shot so bad I have to swap, but then buff it enough for me to want to use it again and having to go through the stupid time gate as well as not have progressing my venthyr that whole time even though I wanted to

Or like you know
The part where they reworked two rogue covenant abilities in a .5 patch

1 Like

I’m sure they’ll find a way to either monetize or ignore it. Same thing with the people who spent hundreds of thousands on leggos only to see the ones they didn’t choose get buffed.

It’s almost as if they didn’t listen to any of the feedback they were getting in beta…

1 Like

I’m not talking about renown.

Then what progress are you losing? I’m not sure what other progress is tied to covenants

It’s kinda cute, but also a bit sad, seeing all these people in this thread repeat the meme “only 0.5% difference between covenants you sweaty noobs”.

Imagine being so ignorant of the game to not realise the difference between covenants is ridiculously huge. ie NF warlock and VT warlock.

2 Likes