Free Character Transfers -- March 3

Please open transfers to grobb.
We’ve been waitings months and months to be able to transfer our alts from their dead realms to grobb. Could you at least open it for a day or two? so the people really interested in it will do it and then you can close it back or something.
We are not even asking for free transfers. I’m willing to pay any money atm to transfer back to grobb.

7 Likes

That’s great and all that you are rescuing a few misplaced characters on megaservers, but what about those that took free xfers that were pushed so heavily by Blizz and are stuck on a dead server? Allow us to xfer back to our mains (Most /played) server. Toons rotting on dead servers is awful. I don’t mind spending the money, just open it up.

If you are willing to rescue a handful of toons on a megaserver, let us have our alts back too. It doesn’t increase the number of unique accounts, so no server overload/queues, just addition of alts. I might be in the minority here, but so are the less populated faction on these two servers…

Also fwiw, I submitted a few tickets regarding this issue and was told feedback was not accepted via tickets and was to be posted on the forums, hence the longish post. Thanks in advance.

12 Likes

Eranikus has >13k players. You need to revisit your definition of dead server.

4 Likes

Server management has been horrendous for a while. I cared and really, really tried to get things changed in TBCC but it’s just as bad as always. I’m mostly at the point of not trying anymore because nothing is going to change.

The current Blizzard these days is all about working on “fun” raid stuff… and that’s it. Just minor trivial stuff mostly too. The real stuff that matters for the core quality of the game, even though these things may not be as “fun” to deal with, get ignored. Just look at both server and current bot management.

Blizzard essentially killed Maladath and a few other servers recently and there were zero blue posts, but hey if they can get some ally to transfer to Faerlina and they pay to faction change to horde then well, that’s a great idea!

10 Likes

Sure, but 10k (I bet) of them are on horde. I checked last night on the alt I want to play, and between all 10 & 25 man content, there was 1 group for 10 man content in group finder. It is way too time consuming for an alt to play. That is dead imo if that is the experience during “Peak hours”

3 Likes

I absolutely can’t understand the purpose of this. Do you realistically expect that both Benediction and Faerlina turn into 50/50 realms after this ??

I also don’t understand resisting the inevitable… After all the wrong doing of the past, specially the free transfer from small realms in BC that created giant cancer realms like Benediction, the only way to fix server population without touching the game design at this point is to force people in/out realms.

2 Likes

You guys are actually SO completely braindead that it’s shameful. I will never again give you a dime of my money.

11 Likes

Yes, you have.

6 Likes

Lmao no one is asking for this they are doing this for a money grab because they saw that faction change alone wasnt bringing money because of the poor server health they put us in no one wants to pay to faction change to the dead side of their realm and then pay for transfer to a lower pop realm - so this is their way to make a bit of money off the big realms and bump their faction change income

9 Likes

What about the char that I already faction changed and transferred off of faerlina because it’s practically 100% horde? I can’t even pay to transfer that char to benediction even though I’ve got multiple 80s on benediction already?

2 Likes

And all of the parsing guilds + world prog first ally guilds are swapping to horde for racials

1 Like

Eranikus dead? Since when? Im on that server and its popping. Plenty of pug raids…plenty of 25m guilds…the idea that its a dead server is false. If you wish to rebuttle do so with facts. My facts are: I log in every day to random whispers looking for groups. I see lfg chat spammed daily by different people not the same 2. Not to mention, all the crafters of all types spamming until about midnight server time. Only downfall to this server is after 1am. Which is about any server around those times.
So go ahead, im curious.

2 Likes

I offer myself for free to write the following feature into character transfers:

If an account has a level 80 character on the receiving server bypass the server locked argument.

Ty.

3 Likes

The absolute sheer greed of this management team being pushed by the corporate overhead is disrespectful… YOU put is in this terrible realm health situation … YOU fooled players into transfering off mega realms because you claimed mega realms couldnt be fixed YOU left those players who were inept enough to take those transfers in the cold YOU tout faction change as if its something mass of players wanted when its clear we wanted race change YOU intentionally released faction change first so that you could get income from people that would transfer to the dead side of their realm and pay additional money to transfer and now… YOU not seeing enough faction change offer to decimate our strong holds by giving top ally guilds a way to horde and top horde pvp players a way to ally by opening free transfers on your mega realms? Insane how disgusting this is… and in a few weeks YOU will release race change that youve had ready all along to get another bump of income

Sincerely from a long time circa 2004 player … do better classic team management

READ THIS THREAD AND REALIZE WE ARE DISGUSTED BY YOUR GREED OR INCOMPETENCE

18 Likes

amazing how tone deaf or just greedy these people are… us players who are on these threads know that no one has asked for this… we complained you didnt offer race change and forced people into faction changing to the dead side of their realm to get extra money from transfers. looks like not enough people took the “AMAZING DISCOUNT ON A SERVICE THATS AUTOMATED AND COSTS US NOTHING TO DO” so you offer the 4 mega realms a “free” transfer to the other side to increase the sales of faction change

10 Likes

This makes literally no sense lol. “A lot of feedback” I don’t see anyone asking for this anywhere. What I do see is people nonstop complaining about the number of bots and radio silence from actiblizz.

8 Likes

You have to be kidding me…I just transferred two characters from Faerlina Horde to Eranikus Alliance 5 days ago since there is no Alliance representation on Faerlina (nor will this change with this free service). Benediction was my first choice for Alliance but as it was locked I couldn’t move there. UGH!

8 Likes

Blizz is willing to lose all other subscribers not on the mega realms. they see that as the only way to still make money off the classic project

2 Likes

The large amount of feedback is to simply have open transfers available to all realms; not specifically this 1 way bandage. Do your investors know you’re turning down massive amounts of money by not having race change and open transfers?

7 Likes

Where else are you going to want to go if you want to faction transfer?