Free Character Transfers for Burning Crusade Classic Realms

Right after they milked the last few people with the 30% off transfers. Real classy.

7 Likes

Totally agree. Yet another chance for Blizzard to try to re-balance heavily unbalanced, pvp servers goes by. Arugal, for example, is horde heavy so of course horde will likely look at Arugal via a free transfer. It’s population is not low and is actually pretty solid. PvP is great if the server is balanced. One drooling, zombie-like faction does not make for fun.

as much as id like them to try and balance servers i dont think they will they but hey maybe they prove me wrong

1 Like

‘Balancing’ the servers means crossing player choice if they were to do a merge or something along those lines. I always said coming into TBC they should open new TBC servers you copied your character too so they could naturally reduce the number of servers while still letting players choose where they wanted to be. But something like that is best done between xpacs since it would be pretty jarring in just a regular patch.

So they finally cave in and give the peeps free transfers right after giving them a discount on transfers
LMAO.
Such clownery.

1 Like

I’ll be very pissed if they don’t open transfers out of Faerlina and Benediction.

even if they do no one would leave a mega server for a dead server

Cool. My TBC server died.

With the changes to open world pvp on retail Blizzard have admitted that classic style open world pvp was a failed experiment. The exodus of people on tbs to servers that are 100% one faction are an obvious indication that it has failed here to.
Surprise Surprise.
Let’s face it. Most open world pvp is purely ganking low level characters by high level. I was watching a friend play last night and he got ganked by a “skull” mage who killed him in two hits.
What is the purpose to this. he is at least 10 levels lower and therefore gray, so no honor is gained. It is purely getting your jollies by spoiling someone else’s experience.
It is well beyond time that Blizzard did away with this broken system so that we could have balanced servers again and enjoy the game.

Latest communication in CC forum
“In addition to adding these for Season of Mastery, we’ll also be enabling FCMs on additional Burning Crusade Classic realms as well.”

2 Likes

Open wpvp was not a failed experiment. It was a ton of fun for many years and still is on the one or two servers that aren’t absolutely scuffed. What Blizzard failed to realize is that wpvp is not sustainable on super mega servers. Players figured that out way back when MC released and the forums were on fire with people already sick of it.

There’s a huge difference between having 4K people running around the world at odds with each other and 15K. WoW wasn’t designed for that. It doesn’t work.

3 Likes

That and those 4k people weren’t all level 60s attempting to do end-game things.

Also waiting for free transfers from Thunderfury Blizzard. Down another 335 players. We are officially under 1k total players doing things. Almost under 100 alliance side.

3 Likes

do something with Herod server please it’s dying server now less player are playing make us not enjoying it.

1 Like

Another plea for Thundrfury, the auction house is dead for Alliance

1 Like

I don’t understand how people like this stick around between content phases. I mean, phase 3 launched already. If they wanted to play the release badly enough they woulda paid the ransom leading up to phase 3 right?

Even worse if they’re arena players, there would be little to no arena teammates left around on their dead servers, not to mention no gems or enchants etc. They’d have missed the opening week, where people play the most games in the season to solidify a nice points cap. After that, the activity somewhat decreases as more people just do 10 games a week.

So they’re stuck on unplayable servers doing nothing while the rest of the classic population does phase 3. How can this be acceptable to anyone? So they won’t pay the ransom, that’s understandable. There are plenty of legitimate reasons not to pay it. What I don’t get is, given that they won’t pay the ransom, how have they not uninstalled the game? Why stick around?

27 alliance in total online on biggles today

1 Like

They’ve said on CC forum that there will be more realms added, although they can’t be bothered to type it here or mention the realms. It would be nice if realms like mine were added to the destination list
 but really, this ship has already sunk. No one is going to transfer to a medium when high/full realms are on the same list. They need to take those OFF the list.

Thanks to my guild my main is no longer on Thunderfury. Would have likely quit otherwise. Planned to just buy WoW Tokens on retail to transfer the rest of my characters
 but at that point, I’m literally spending hundreds of hours farming gold just to play my other characters. so I didn’t.

1 Like

I recently started playing again about a week ago and I’ve only seen 1 other player in that entire time. It’s beyond depressing in Netherwind. It’s 100% dead and I’m really not enjoying my time playing like I used to. I’m praying they’ll merge servers or give a free transfer.

I miss giving random people /hug

1 Like

Really? Ive seen a couple horde around. I also got to meet the horde raid last week when i was stuck outside tk waiting for the alar fight to finish. They were very excited to see me :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like