Free Character Transfers for Burning Crusade Classic Realms

@Kaivax,

Is there a reason why Blizzard chose to fracture the (fragile) smaller servers instead of just merging them? Could you not have merged some/all of the (for example) PVE Pacific servers?

I’m now in a position of having to decide whether my desire to play on a larger server outweighs my desire to stay with friends…

1 Like

I’d like a refund for the $125 I’ve spent to get off of low population realms, please. May I speak with the manager now?! You guys at Blizzard are late and stupid.

1 Like

So can I get a fing refund or nah?

Fairbanks (medium pop) is dying at a quick pace.
Blizzard needs to allow transfers off medium pop servers like Fairbanks as well.
Also the gold transfer limit should be raised to 10k.

1 Like

Will Medium pop servers be included, perhaps those with a smaller faction? Nethergarde-Keep sucks and is shrinking, smallest Horde in EU, everyone is an alt of the same 100 or so players it feels like, people disappearing daily, and it can take hours to fill a group. Guilds are being liquidated not being able to recruit for a 25 man roster, this leads to some people just disappearing entirely. Seeing only 7 people standing around in Orgrimmar or in central Shatt is not how this game is meant to be experienced.

2 Likes

Really? You all get to xfer to the same server dude. If they dont want to transfer, thats on them to stay on a low pop server.

No one cares what you think Lenois.

Same here, hasn’t even been a week. We went to Bigglesworth. Good server.

I’m asking for a refund if the transfer I did is free now.

I truly hope you guys will monitor transfers and won’t mess up the few balanced realms remaining.

EDIT: Also hope these transfers are from Low Pop to Med Pop realms. High realms don’t need anymore.

4 Likes

You have no idea what dying means if you’re on fairbanks. That server still has more people than some of the low servers EVER had at their PEAK

2 Likes

It is simple.

Blizzard wants to give the option to people and if people still choose to stay on low pop realms. They can claim they gave people an option to go to a higher one for free and the choose not to do it. It is less work then merging a realm would be. In addition they don’t have to worry about the whole competiting name issue.

lock alliance from xfering to bene or grob, and lock horde from going to faerlina or whitemane

4 Likes

" from all of the lowest-population BCC realms to any high-population realm of the same ruleset and region"

The word “any” implies that this is in fact the case. East coast dead pvp realms > Faerlina/Bene. West coast pvp > Whitemane most likely (grobb is rp pvp)

Grobb is RP PvP, doubt regular pvp servers would be allowed to xfer to it.

Also, I’m going to guess that it’s only servers with <500 people. You’re all acting like medium servers will be allowed to have free xfers off

Will these free transfers be able to bypass the normal transfer cooldown? My friend came to our server to help our struggling guild, but now with free transfers we can actually move, but my friend will be locked out.

again Kaivax showing they know NOTHING. we dont want transfers on our servers. we have had layers since the start and enabling these transfers means they willnever go away. PATHETIC COMMUNITY MANAGER. DO YOUR JOB JUST ONE TIME

RIP to all the people who just spent money transferring all their characters over the last few weeks.

4 Likes

They say ‘a few weeks’, so that they can avoid the refund requests.

4 Likes

How about a retroactive discount for people who already paid to “fix” this problem themselves?

1 Like

Enable PVE to PVP

6 Likes