Free Character Transfers for Burning Crusade Classic Realms

So you’re going to refund the money I just spent on transferring, right? Because that’s some bull. I’d accept game time equivalent.

2 Likes

Why not merge/cross realm enable?

Do guilds/guild banks transfer? Going to be a logistical nightmare.

I guess it’s an effective way to take gold out of the game since there’s what, 5k gold cap you can carry through a transfer?

1 Like

Would a merge be a better option for Azuresong/Old Blanchy/Myzrael? Instead of Atiesh? Can we have options for those other servers? There is only 4 servers in PVE USW region.

3 Likes

Please try to consider Faction balance when implementing this, free Horde transfers to servers like benediction, and free alliance transfers to servers like Whitemane and Faerlina. As a native of Bene it’s been tough seeing the horde players on our server decline when we had a really good cross faction community in classic.

6 Likes

Medium servers are going to be LOW very shortly.

2 Likes

Just bite the bullet and do linked realms.

6 Likes

Don’t be a dent.

Nobody is going take that

No one is going to transfer to Benediction.
forget it.

The alliance didn’t care about faction balance, it is over.

Can I please have a refund on my 44 transfers on my 6 accounts. It would be the right thing to do. Thanks.

1 Like

OMEGALUL 10 characters

1 Like

glad to hear it. This will definitely help consolidate players and make the game more lively.

Hallelujah. Thank you Blizz. Finally some good decisions.

I agree with you about the medium pop servers. I’ve also spent the last 5 months posting about this topic frequently and supporting new posters from the very low pop servers who have come here for a solution who often ended up quitting the game instead of paying transfer fees.

In those months I’ve watched almost all of the ally leave my server (Earthfury) and turn it from perfect 50%/50% server into soon-to-be 99% horde server and I’ve watched it go from high pop to medium pop because of this. I’ve also accepted that I’ll probably have to transfer my horde off if things keep going this way.

So I won’t disagree with you about medium pop servers, it’s just that ANY response to the server pop issues is better than the no response we’ve gotten for months.

3 Likes

Whelp I didn’t see this coming with blizz making easy bank from people trying to get off their dead servers. I wish I would of waited, kinda annoyed cuz I just transfered 2 weeks ago.

Kaivax - thanks for this. I think one of the reasons people were screaming about Merges vs transfer was because of the names we created on our servers.

Like it was done in retail, do you think it would be possible to make names available if the character has not been logged in at all for TBC? As in, they had a phase to log in and save their character. Lets open it up??

1 Like

Check the account: Benediction.

Yeah, screw you, thanks for destroying benediction.

3 Likes

Wow decide to do your jobs finally have ya?

There is a problem with medium servers. Most of them have 1 faction very low. IF this rule excludes those, some may be upset.

However, something is better than nothing.

If you could allow transfers from “low pop faction in medium servers” instead of just low pop servers to high, it would be better.

5 Likes

they could just merge some of the medium pop servers together too