Free Character Transfers for Burning Crusade Classic Realms

What about those of us that were on balanced servers , ie Whitemane since classic launched, that is now 80/20 horde/alliance. Are yall offering us anything? Come BT and Sunwell, the alliance population won’t even be able to compete with the horde for the dailies for rep.

4 Likes

Is there any plan to open up free transfers for new ‘Low Pop’ servers like Netherwind? We’re down to 1.4k and everyday I hear of more people/guilds transferring off.

6 Likes

Don’t count on anything. Your realm was probably on the list of ones they wanted to destabilize so that they could profit off of your transfers. Just like how they purposefully destabilized the alliance on farelina and whitemane and the horde on benediction with these free transfers. It is all by design.

Either wait it out and miss several phases for the free transfers, quit, or pay.

3 Likes

Lmao they want you to transfer off. You, Netherwind, the ally on Faerelina, and the horde on Benediction are going to make some awesome looking fourth quarter charts for WoW. Almost forgot the ally on Thunderfury too.

Great job!

2 Likes

I am just throwing my hat in here to say it absolutely baffles me you folks didn’t faction restrict these. Whitemane alliance is effectively locked out of the server, and no, I will not be paying for transfers.

2 Likes

1/5 on Better Business Bureau, and this company deserves it. I feel sorry for the people working hard to actually create quality content at ABK. Your leadership is taking your goodwill, driving it straight into the ground, and you’re worse off for it. Those RSUs aren’t worth as much as they once were, are they?

Your stock is in the dumper, and should be a good buy based on PE, except that there isn’t a shred of faith in the market that you’ll be able to turn things around. I’m with the street on this one. How the WoW Classic team has handled these server imbalance issues, the server stability issues plaguing D2R, and the loss of one of your co-leaders are all the evidence I need that there isn’t a modicum of good decision making ability left at Blizzard. Not any that can effect change, anyway.

I get that WoW Classic is a cash cow, but it’s not really anymore, is it? It’s not as sticky as it once was. This isn’t natural attrition in your user base; it’s provoked by really really really bad decisions. You need to stop milking users, and focus on retaining and building back customer loyalty.

I can’t imagine that the user bases are so large for SOM that neglecting your TBC users makes good financial sense.

#FreeNetherwind

6 Likes

It really does seem like they just have given up on TBC and moved to SOM doesn’t it?

I listened to that podcast with the lead dev and it seems like SOM is their new brain child and TBC will just be left to rot. F it, maybe they will balance the classes better and SOM or classic + will be the way after all

1 Like

Still waiting on a Blizzard response…

Are you still here Kaivax? Netherwind is dead, and I for one would appreciate if Blizzard would stop trying to milk more transfer money out of people.

6 Likes

They damn well knew what they was doing. They want your xfer money to show stock holders some numbers. Shameless milking by sabotaging servers for lose change. This is the equivalent of trying to squeeze blood from a stone.

2 Likes

Go listen to the podcast ‘countdown to classic’ with the lead dev. He can’t shut up about SOM and you can feel him cringe when he has to talk about TBC. He also says he wishes he would have done the server transfers sooner…I bet he does lmfao.

His attitude towards TBC makes sense, this has an expiration date and they know few of us will stick around after WOTLK. May as well keep us coming back constantly with a resetting SOM.

1 Like

please open free transfers off faerlina, server is about to die now

How can you be so selfish? Don’t you know the 4th quarter is coming to an end and profits are down?

Furthermore, the dev team would have you know that they must pull someone from the retail WoW team (which is booming and supporting more players than TBC ever has) to deal with free transfers. Besides, how do you think all those micro transactions get done? The devs obviously know what they are doing so just trust them.

Kek

1 Like

If i xfered a toon recently before this free xfer and the 3 month CD isnt up will the free xfer still work?

Bump, still waiting for an answer Kaivax.

It’s Blizzard’s game, how is it not their problem?

Probably a good idea, but what’s your point? What are your options? Quit? Start a new character? Some people work >40h a week and cannot afford to spend hours waiting for dungeons, or hope and pray that they can farm required materials for professions. $25 to some is less valuable than the several hours of playing the game that would be devoted solely to trying to work around a dead population server.

Good for you, do it.

I am not sure what point you’re making. This doesn’t address anything that the OP mentioned.

3 Likes

The paid transfers are causing the issues to begin with. If people couldn’t transfers then they’d stay on the realm they started on and deal with it. Instead when people leave it starts a Fear Of Missing Out situation where people start leaving as well because they’re afraid to miss out.

I get it but understand that many people do it out of principal. The moment you lay down $25 is when the corporation is encourage to continue to do this bad practice. I’m gonna end up doing it as well but that doesn’t mean I won’t hate Blizzard for making me pay $25 just so some server running SQL can change a string value from Netherwind to Benediction.

Capitalists are going to capitalize is what he’s saying.

My guild held out for months as our server died. I ended up paying $100 bucks to move four toons to Whitemane…such a rip-off. I asked for a refund as it’s only been about 3 weeks since we transferred without success. If it wasn’t for my guild I’d have dropped this game already…such a greedy company Activision has become.

6 Likes

Anyone else notice this was purely pvp realms? I guess the PVE realms are just gonna be allowed to rot. They don’t have any more people. The servers with the smallest real population are all bots that then buy transfers to higher pop servers to sell their crap. It gives an illusion of them being ok.

1 Like

Now tell me again but without crying, i love blizzard

Netherwind still out here waiting, don’t forget about us blizz

10 Likes