Free Character Transfers for Burning Crusade Classic Realms

Does it include servers with status “Full” like Whitemane, Faerlina and Benediction?

7 Likes

now how about we fix the node spawn ?

1 Like

Looking at the list of servers in US West, the only “Low” pop servers are all PVP servers. All the PVE servers are at least “Medium” pop.

Even though my server feels like a ghost town and there are very few options for raiding, it’s possible I could be stuck here having to pay to get off or suffer. Unless lowest pop just means not a high pop server. I guess we’ll have to wait and see what this actually looks like.

2 Likes

Please, please restrict the transfers based on faction. Don’t let more Alliance go to Bene or Grob. Or more Horde to Whitemane or Faerlina. If you do, you’ll end up with 2 megaservers for each faction and there’ll be no hope of ever seeing a balanced server again in TBC or even Wrath when it happens.

19 Likes

They are mess and only going to get worse with this decision… Forcing them to move from a low population to a medium population server will help the medium population servers grow and allow more competition. By forcing them to only be able to go to high it screws over the medium servers since we wont be able to transfer for free as our population continues to shrink. rip medium population servers.

3 Likes

Do you think people out-farmed by bots on low pop realms want it even worse on high pop realms?

1 Like

Thanks Blizzard! Sure, there are other possible ways of fixing the dead server issue that could theoretically work, and might be seen by some as better, but just doing something is infinitely better than doing nothing. As someone who stuck it out on Anathema until the bitter end, and still have the majority of my alts stuck there, this is great to hear.

2 Likes

a little late for that

4 Likes

Consider giving folks the option to go to Medium servers, not just High.

11 Likes

Can you please confirm how RP realms fit into this? Will free transfers let people from PvP transfer to RP-PvP. You specifically provided “same ruleset” but not sure how this applies.

2 Likes

Please tell me Kromcrush makes this list

1 Like

if you look the first page of the foruns, yes they want to transfer here

Blizzard,

This is a step in the right direction. I hope more details come out on efforts being taken to balance the realms.

1 Like

Please include Fairbanks :slight_smile:

9 Likes

At this point it may be better to just have a single server of each ruleset and layer it preferring to keep those of the same server name together where possible. From the looks of manual transfers few people actually want world pvp so the layers could probably be Horde / Alliance as well.

2 Likes

Seconding this. DD is in a unique spot with US-East and RPPVP. If they don’t allow a transfer to Grobbulus (US-West) or another US-East server it’ll be screwed.

1 Like

So glad I just spent $200 on transfers. Any chance I could get a refund?

3 Likes

Cant wait for even more faction imbalance on Whitemane. I hope you guys have a restriction on transfers for the bigger faction until the server is more balanced like 40:60 at the least.

7 Likes

Good, horde stay off benediction.

Please please please add Skeram to the servers to xfer off of. It’s been declining in population heavily. People are quitting the game because it’s hard to get groups on this server.