Free Character Transfers for Burning Crusade Classic Realms

We have to wait until SoM is launched, then they will update us here.

Just spitballin but it seems like blizzard is now doing free server xfers because they are gonna recycle some tbc servers into SoM.

SoM beta is crossrealm; there are merged servers interacting in the same phase. My hope is that this is a test for crossrealm merging tbc servers.

Also I think that blizzard should give more of a heads up on their future plans and ideas, while at the same time the playerbase should be more patient and easygoing… changes dont happen overnight- but that is no excuse for poor communication from devs.

There is a chance to save all versions of wow if you keep us up to date with SoM insights, tbc phase 3, and shadowlands 9.2.

Anyone that gives you toxicity or negativity while others are trying to be positive and constructive deserve a squelching .

herod has like 6k horde and no alliance … less than 5% maybe… we need this server re balanced somehow, but I dont think ally are gonna free transfer there. maybe if a bunch of guilds decide to go there at the same time

What if blizz merges(crossrealms) a full horde realm with a full alliance realm?

SoM will be just one of each PvP east, PvE east, PvP west, PvE west.

alliance PAID to get off Herod, no alliance will free transfer there xD

Thank you!! Much needed, long over do!

They will never ever do that, it doesn’t make any sense to them to avoid gouging players for free transfer fees.

All of these problems could have been prevented with population and faction caps, there’s really no excuse at all on their behalf. It’s just straight up laziness and knowing they can sell players a solution to a problem they created.

It’s the same reason they changed the subscription model in order to incentivize people into paying for 3 or 6 months. The intentionally obfuscate their actions and know that most people are too invested in their game in order to just straight up leave after some bs decision.

4 Likes

You have every right to be a bit salty about it. Ignore the keyboard warriors.

1 Like

Agreed. This should have been done a few months ago.

2 Likes

Can you please open up PVE → PVP Transfers, even if for a limited time and for a fee. There’s zero reason to keep characters hostage to a realm you haven’t played on in over a year due to this silly restriction.

2 Likes

I’d bet my next year’s pay that “region” means “region” like on the server select screen. EU/NA/Brazil/RU etc.

Our region is North America, not “west coast/east coast.”

Agreed. Its been a long time coming…

1 Like

Don’t character transfers just kill dead servers even more?

Wouldn’t it be a much much better idea to merge 3-4 dead servers to match high population realms?

4 Likes

I wish the posers would stop calling for PvE to PvP transfers. Stop diluting the conversation and trying to exploit population crisis as a way to lvl easier then step into open world pvp, it doesn’t work that way and is basically what war mode gives you in retail.

1 Like

They are too far gone to be saved and not enough players to go around regardless. At this point the game needs to cannibalize dying realms. Transfers from LOW → MEDIUM is exactly what we need. Low realms can’t be saved anymore. Medium ones however could be saved with transfers off the low ones.

Short sighted folks might think, “but if a realm is already dead, who is going to use the transfer?” People that unsubbed are likely to come back if they can freely transfer OFF the dead realm.

1 Like

Personally, I would like more clarification to the specifics, this announcement is pretty vague, Imo its not gonna do much good,

Stop being paranoid. Nobody levels in the open world any more. People just don’t like having their characters permanently stuck on servers they don’t play on.

you can go from pvp to pve,

Now announcing duct taping the holes on a sinking ship

3 Likes