Free Character transfer question

Will I be able to do this more than one? If I’ve already created an alt will I be able to move it as well by repeating the process of trying to log into the server?

As many as you have on qualifying Classic servers to the designated ones.

3 Likes

^

Indeed. Keep in mind you can only have 10 characters on any one realm, so if the transfer will exceed that limit you won’t be able to transfer it until you make room. Also, if it is a PvP realm, you’ll only be able to have a single faction on that realm.

I’m not seeing a way to transfer a character to a different realm for free, I don’t believe I’ve transferred any before and I’m lost on how to get a free transfer.

You’d need to be on one of the high population Classic realms that is listed in the post, Mygrains.

Deviate Delight is a destination, not a source realm. Sorry.

2 Likes

I see! Thanks for the fast reply, I really do appreciate your time. Solved the confusion ^-^

2 Likes

Am I able to transfer from a east coast (Sulfuras) to a west coast (Arcanite Reaper) or am I stuck with staying in east coast?

If I recall, your destination server is pre-selected.

1 Like

The destination realms tend to be similar to the source realms, so PvP to PvP, Pve to PvE etc… I believe that extends to East and West coast, as the intention is to allow you to log in without an extensive queue, not specifically to change anything fundamental with your realm selection.

1 Like

gotcha, I was forced to go to a east coast server on launch day as the west coast servers has a 6+ hour queue. thank you for the information.

I understand that the server destinations are pre-determined. Is there any chance to transfer from a source server to a different server? I have a mage on Rattlegore that i would like to transfer to Ashkandi to join a friend. Are their any exceptions made? Will there be more transfers down the road?

Thanks for your time!

Unfortuanately its set in stone atm and wont change at this time.

1 Like

I don’t think they have made a decision yet about offering paid character transfers. If it happens, it will likely be in a later stage of the Classic release schedule.

1 Like

I have the same issue, I am on sulfurus and im so invested in my character I would hate to reroll on a west coast server

You would need to post on the Classic forums. That’s a development decision. The Devs don’t take feedback from the Customer Support forum and the SFAs here are not liaisons with them.

3 Likes

Off the topic, but why is this?

That was the way Vanilla was set up, so it’s how they set up Classic. You can only have characters of one faction on a PvP realm. You couldn’t have a “spy” character to see what the other side was planning.

3 Likes

Oh… I understand the whole #nochanges thing.

That’s what I’m thinking. but how would that work for character’s on the same license? You couldn’t be on your Horde and Alli characters at the same time anyway, right?

It wasn’t a matter of being on them at the same time. On a PvP realm you had to choose a side.

1 Like

Yeah… just curious to know if anyone recalls the rationale behind that restriction. Maybe they were thinking Alliance masses outside Org and a couple people log over to their Horde toons and are able to scout inside the city. “Hey guys, I just saw there’s a big group of Rogues and Ferals stealthed inside the AH. Be ready!” Or something like that, maybe?