Free Character Moves for Chaos Bolt-US

I just worry when they get the transfer situation figured out and everyone from CB can transfer to whatever, P3 will already be out by then and there will be queue times to get into CS or that the transfer system will get messed up again. Which would really delay people from reuniting with guild members and miss out on gnomer runs to level.

These are some of the reasons I chose Chaos Bolt as my main server at the start of phase 2 instead of Crusader Strike.

3 Likes

I donā€™t understand where people get the idea there will be massive queues for phase 3.

Isnā€™t the backend of wow classic hosted on modern equipment? I would assume that it could handle the same number of logins as any other server for any other version of wow, like retail.

And we all know retail has way more players per server than sod.

If we use everyoneā€™s favorite ironforge.pro, Crusader Strike has just under 40k weekly logs across both factions and Chaos Bolt had under 5k. We will use the higher number for easy math.

40k + 5k = 45k if totally combined. Now itā€™s a new phase release so letā€™s double that to account for an insane amount of growth, so we have 90k, but we like easy numbers so letā€™s do 100k.

For retail pop we can use warcraft logs statistics and change the graph to last 1 week of logs, so itā€™s the same data range as ironforge.pro.

That totals 124,255 weekly logs from area52.

Using the same parsing math that ironforge.pro uses, we can see that area52 in 1 week, has over double the actual numbers, and even more than my ballooned number of 100k people for phase 3.

My math could be totally wrong and/or the login servers could crap the bed or something too.

All Iā€™m saying is I donā€™t know how a classic server running on modern servers, could have a massive queue if retail servers on the same hardware donā€™t.

Queues arenā€™t the only issue when it comes to Crusader Strike. Even if theyā€™re nonexistent next phase, thereā€™s still a few other reasons people donā€™t want to move there.

2 Likes

For sure. I didnā€™t mean to insinuate that either.

People have other valid concerns.

1 Like

Yeah, I donā€™t think there will be a queue issue beyond the launch of something completely new like when SoD released but I think that stuck with people who hate streamers lol.
I feel like a crazy tinder hookup that got ghosted looking at my phone checking incase there is a reply on here so I donā€™t miss the next short window to transfer again, only to come to terms with the fact they donā€™t actually care </3

2 Likes

Lag and Qā€™s are something to be concerned about when being forced to migrate to a larger server. The reality is Chaos Bolt did need some assistance but not right before a new phase. But there is a lot more that comes with mega servers other than potential for lag and Qā€™s. Objectively there are more bots, itā€™s harder to farm or level in the open world. Finding pugs is easier but getting into them you could be vetted harder(Iā€™m in a guild so this is a non-issue for me). Spam in trade chat, layer bugs etc.

But the real problem here and the main solution people are asking for is an actual choice. Saying you can move to Crusader Strike or stay on a locked dying server isnā€™t actually a choice. No one likes to be forced into something they had no say in the matter for. And thatā€™s whatā€™s upsetting most people. Give us other alternatives.

Iā€™d also add, Chaos Bolt had no STV layer issues. Very little bots, I mean almost non existent. A familiar community. And now people are being told they have to endure these changes and lose our positives or lose everything all together. Itā€™s a lose/lose for a lot of people.

8 Likes

have a mail box full of "thank you"s from bliz that say otherwise

Are the transfers down again? I just tried to start xferā€™ing my stable off of CB and there are no destination servers availableā€¦?

Theyā€™ve been down since they started.

Compared to Crusader Strike, the amount of bots on Chaos Bolt is not even in the same ball park. I have alts on CS, itā€™s a noticeable drastic difference

4 Likes

I disagree, respectfully. Yeah, on a very technical level, the move is ā€˜voluntaryā€™, but itā€™s really not. They knew the second they announced this there would be a mad dash for the door, and those stubborn enough to stick around would soon find their numbers diminishing every day; with no way to replenish them as the server is locked to new character creation.

This was a lazy and poor way to handle a server merge, plain and simple. They put the impetus on the players to do the work instead of just handling it themselves. Itā€™s fine now that theyā€™ve allowed other destination realms (much to the chagrin of players who already xferred to CS, Iā€™m sure), but not so much under the original idea of just having everyone go to CS.

I canā€™t help but wonder if the plan was to always allow other destination servers later and, if so, why not allow them at the outset or at least say that other destinations would be coming online in the next few days? If not, the original issue of why put this on players rather than just merge/connect the realms? Either way, itā€™s not a great look, and was poorly handled. This is, of course, just my opinion. Iā€™m not condemning them for this, just giving a different perspective and genuinely confused by how this was handled. I know they can do better; Iā€™ve seen them do it.

WHAT?! REALLY?! I thought that last blue post said they were fixed. Man, this is a mess if true.

I canā€™t speak too much on bots, but I would think that a large and somewhat balanced pvp server would make botting harder. Chaos Bolt had many times where I could be in a zone alone and there are likely to be opposing faction in higher zones to gank bots.

I am also in a guild, and this does have pros and cons just like everything else. In my guilds specific case, if one of our tanks couldnā€™t make it, we would spam for 45+ min before giving up. Our raid time was 8PM.

This is, in my opinion, the biggest issue. As much as my guild and I are happy for transfers off, I do not see why they had to lock it and essentially kill it for others. I do hope they explain whenever we do get a blue post.

As much as I like having fun on the forums, I do feel bad for people who purposely avoided CS and now are being told, die on CB or go where you donā€™t want to be. It seems very heavy handed for some reason.

1 Like

They fixed whoever transferred over and werenā€™t able to login. They said that theyā€™re hoping to start transfers again sometime this week.

1 Like

Ahhh, thank you. I misread. Still disappointing, of course. =0/

Wish there had been any amount of transparency about this leading up to the decision. I just wasted 3 days rerolling a new character onto a new realm because I didnā€™t expect to be able to transfer off of CB. Then on the 26th out of nowhere it gets announced.

1 Like

So, itā€™s ā€œlater in the week,ā€ any news or updates? Kinda just screwed as my guild and most off the off-guild raiding people I run with are gone.

Bro same, i was already almost 30 with some annoyingly long runes on CS and because i never expected to be able to transfer itā€™s the same class/race/profs lol