Free Character Moves for Chaos Bolt-US

I know this is a big problem amongst guilds right now. The fact that we aren’t getting updates on the issue is really concerning. People have a lot of time invested in their characters and want to be sure they will be able to actually move them over and play with their guilds going forward. This is seriously bad customer service on Blizzard’s part and we should be getting answers…“we HOPE to open server transfers again later this week” is a terrible reply to this community.

5 Likes

Heck no, we wont go!

As the GM of the best guild on Lava Lash, I welcome my Chaos Bolt brethren

How long are the transfers from Chaos bolt to Crusader strike disabled?

Got home - deleted all my alliance characters on CS to get my main and alt off of CB only to find the transfers were disabled. Screw me for not reading through a 1k+ reply thread first lmao.

You should be able to transfer and play both factions, have a guildy with both factions now playable on CS

If its like the retail client, there should be a character restore option on the character select screen.

There is, but I can’t restore 3 level 40 alts at once. Hopefully by the time I’d be able to get all my characters back they’ll have a fix.

until further notice(sometime “this week”)

you’re back!

1 Like

If they don’t let guilds/groups all settle into one server then it will be a major f up by Blizzard and they will for sure lose a lot of subs from people that played Chaos Bolt (me being one of them). As it stands some of the core people I play with are on Crusader Strike and I can’t get there, if Blizzard realizes “oh no, we shouldn’t have done that and let a bunch of players onto an already high pop server!” and breaks apart guilds, that will be a hilariously bad blunder.

1 Like

Hello my brother in arms

Ok so people who transferred to CS are now stuck there. And the rest is stuck on CB but can choose to just get stuck on lava lash later. Way to split guilds in 3 I guess :smiley:

the one intern is watching youtube tutorials on how to fix the bug now (everyone else went home), I’m sure it’ll be available in no time.

one intern? Im sure its outsourced to ManageEngine, just like everything else in IT.

2 Likes

I don’t mind the transfer in server, but I hate the idea that i’m forced to change my name because they closed our server.

Seems unfair.

People keep asking why Blizzard is doing this. It is easy, the MBAs are making this decision because it costs less on a per account basis to run mega servers versus smaller intimate ones. The number of accounts they lose over the mergers is acceptable and relatively small. This isn’t about how great a server CB is or anything other than a money grab by Blizzard or something to affect the stock price. Another example of how MBAs are destroying the world and everything beautiful in it.

People really wanted Chaos Bolt to die since day 1 of its existence.

People said Chaos Bolt would die in the first month. It did not.

People said Chaos Bolt would die by phase 2. It did not.

Considering this, would Chaos Bolt have died in phase 3? I don’t think so.

However the doomers have convinced Blizzard that Chaos Bolt wasn’t worth saving and so condemned the server to an early death, simply to appease their wish for the server to die.

This same mentality is what caused ~30 servers to die in TBCC, many of which were not dead, some of which were quite rather populated. Its almost as if FOMO and the idea that somehow your server is going to die unless it is the largest possible server, leading to a self fulfilling prophecy that plays out time and time again.

It’s a vicious self perpetuating cycle.

7 Likes

Hooch can’t go anywhere else because there be other Hooch there. But this Hooch name, ever since momma Hooch and daddy Hooch give little Hooch name and me pass down to baby Hooches me and Mrs. Hooch have. Hooch not like this.

8 Likes

you are the most active poster on this thread constantly giving out milquetoast points that no one cares to actually read. go do the nyt crossword mini or something dude and let people be sad lol