Free Character Moves for Chaos Bolt-US

Guild raids =/= server pop

3 Likes

I agree but there is this idea that people on chaos bolt can’t get into gnomer runs…meanwhile guilds (at least mine) are benching people for raids.

I do agree that early mornings were really quiet because the general pop works / lives on US business hours - but that’s ok - that was just 1 con out of a smaller server. It didn’t indicate that the server was dead.

We still had multiple layers, and you couldn’t go an inch last night in bloodmoon without getting deleted.

Can’t quest without getting into a world pvp scuffle, that sometimes turns into a total war zone

I think many just want to understand how blizzard determines these things, but also the timeline of it. You’d swear it was an emergency situation based on the timing.

Guild maintenance and planning is a ton of work so imagine all the GMs reeling over this sudden announcement right before release of phase 3. They thought they had all the ducks in a row for leveling groups, future raid comp, raids per first lockout but blizz came in with a “hold my beer, lets eff this up” moment.

That’s all - not even a debate on if this is the right move so much as timing and understanding.

3 Likes

Server transfer still shut down?

I rolled on CB because I wanted a rppvp server and at the time (p1 release), CS had a long queue. Not being able to get groups for lower level dungeons during regular hours was getting frustrating.

Yeah. They said they would activate it sometime this week. I really hope it’s sooner rather than later.

3 Likes

Unpopular opinion

For sure. I saw a lot of Unhinged around and thought “Dang they are everywhere lmao.”

Didn’t know you all had that many but hearing that with this news makes me even more mad because it’s punishing even more guilds than I thought.

This doesn’t make sense - because you would assume that Lavalash numbers on Ironforge.pro would also include alts.

The only data we have shows that Lavalash is lower population and Penance is even lower.

Nah, a lot of people are dying to get off of CB as well

Honestly the transfers should just be for any US server. The fact that your limited to just Crusader Strike and now Lava Lash (just because RP?) just feels bad because of the limited options and do not factor in if you (or guild members) had alts on PvP servers of the opposite faction.

This really comes across as a decision made on a whim and did not really consider potential consequences and strain it would put on the communities of Chaos Bolt. Its great for those “solo or small group type” players who wanted to get off the server but for the guilds that Blizzard emphasize on creating and building not so much.

3 Likes

This post should be PINNED.

This development team should be ashamed of themselves for this.

4 Likes

Just move to lava lash

Greetings-

We must address a few elephants in the room when discussing this topic.

I’ve narrowed it down to 2 things. Timing and Necessity.

I think it’s important to consider both of these when thinking about this server transfer.

Let’s start with timing -
We were about 9 days out from the launch of Phase 3 (April 4th) which was just announced when the server transfer was released. From a Dev standpoint, they should have waited till P3 was launched and seen the more real numbers. It’s hard to judge a server like CB from just a 1-2 week synopsis. Players on this server knew we had slow moments and we have had high moments as well in terms of player count.

So when we are talking about Timing this was just so poorly timed. Anyone leading a guild has quite the challenge now of herding the players again onto a new server (now 2).

The second thing I mentioned was Necessity.

Do I think we/ a player on CB needed a server xfer? No, not in this manner. It should have been the opposite at first. Give some people who are tired of the mega servers a chance to come to a more calm environment (CB) and see what would happen with our growth. Looking at recent images it was something close to 40k posted logs on CS to 5k on CB. Why not let some of them come our way? Surely some of them are tired of the mass mega server?

Do I think CB was a downward trend? Yes. Dead? Heck no. But a downward trend for sure.

TLDR- I hopped on the train. I swapped over to CS. Sod is fun. Balance shamans more.Good luck everyone

You’re missing the point.

Then again, what is the point? Finances? One single server is pushing them over the edge?? BLIZZARD with money problems??

Nah man. We have been playing and paying for this game long enough to get some half baked answers. Especially when this “Season of Discovery” was supposed to be a community involvement thing.
They basically came out of left field and said oh by the way, we’re nuking the perfectly fine server here’s a transfer to a crowded half bot infested realm, or now and say oops you guys still wanna RP, here go to the lesser populated RP only server.

Oh and by the way, all of your names are gone, your guild is gone, any sense of community you had within the server is also gone.

Yeah, thanks Blizzard.
And for not a single one to come and explain in detail their rationale behind a drastic move like moving towards closing a server down with just a few days from P3 is just shameful.

8 Likes

I love that some of my raiders and guildys wont be making tonights run because they took the transfer the moment it was offered after being told you were castrating the server. A real great feeling. I bet no one else is experiencing this right now, clearly an isolated incident

5 Likes

Blizz crap the bed royally handling this. Not only are guilds/groups fragmented, several people were unable to play and on top of that the transfers are locked and rolling on CB is still locked.

By their own incompetence, they are disillusioning an entire community because of their lack of proper execution.

chaos bolt is the cockroach they are trying to kill

Die! Die! Die!

Thankfully I didn’t start leveling my opposite faction alts on Crusader Strike yet.

I’ve seen many people complaining about this though. Is there any plans to address it, like removing faction restrictions? Or is it just “lol cope” for people who can’t transfer their characters from Chaos Bolt without deleting or paying to transfer their opposite faction characters from Crusader Strike?

Why would we move to Lava Lash when they are supposedly killing CB off because it’s population isn’t viable. Lava Lash is smaller. It is waiting in the execution line.

1 Like

Pretty much lolcope or you transfer your RPPVP character to a non PvP server.