Free Character Moves for Chaos Bolt-US

Probably. If they can kill a 5k pop server no one is safe

5 Likes

i feel ya, as someone who doesn’t play during the few peak hours on CB and didnt get off before they froze transfers I sat on for a couple hours this morning and there would be a good 10minutes+ between my message into LFG to the next with none of the others being gnomer lol. Just logged for the day, on the bright side we wont have this struggle in the future

What this mean if Hooch not want go? Chaos Bolt Hooch home! You leave Hooch home alone or you oochin for a hoochin!

8 Likes

“I don’t care if we botched the merger because of the same intern that nerfed hunters in P1! Don’t respond! If you let them talk for long enough, they’ll eventually fight each other! We have to cut costs!”

-Blizz 2024

2 Likes

Just let us transfer to whichever server we’d like to if you’re going to lock and shut down CB. Closing CB assumedly due to population and letting us transfer to either a mega server, or a server that’s even lower population (next on the chopping block) is silly.

5 Likes

Lava Lash and Penance are both on the chopping block?

Lava Lash US had LESS raiding population than Chaos Bolt. It might not be perfect but its the only metric we have on our end, but Ironforge.Pro website claims Lava Lash US has 4.3K active raiders while Chaos Bolt has 5.4K active raiders. If you look at the trend for Chaos Bolt it has been STEADILY rising since the beginning of the gnomer phase. Something isn’t adding up and perhaps you have metrics outside of active raiders, but having this explained would be appreciated!

6 Likes

Heck no, I wont go! Heck no, I wont go! Heck no, I wont go!

3 Likes

Wait so you’re killing off a more populated server so we can go to an even less populated server?

Where’s the logic? Does anyone even use it up there anymore?

Why is the server locked? Anyone going to answer this or keep dodging?

2 Likes

Lavalash being less populated defeats the purpose no? Just open to all at this rate

1 Like

I have been trying to transfer and typing in Crusader Strike but it doesnt work… am I screwing it up?

I just can’t get over how stupid this is.

It’s genuinely mind boggling…

4 Likes

The server wasn’t dead. But the “dead server” mind virus spreads quickly. I’m guessing now but do the players on Lava Lash have this mind virus? I doubt it.

We were a single layer server. I’m gonna miss it. Yes my alts had trouble finding SFK groups. But as soon as I start whispering randoms I can make a group easily enough. I know people on CB, people know me, allies and horde alike. Now I’m afraid of getting completely lost in the crowd and never running into friends or enemies I know or remember.

If you see me in game on CS please wave! I’ll be the one yelling “dead server!”

Also just thought of a new guild name
< Orphans of Chaos Bolt>

3 Likes

I have complained about the awful culture on CS before, so I’m glad they’re at least giving us a PvE option. I played briefly on LL and the people seemed chill there.

I’m a SoD baby when it comes to Classic, so I’ve got no experience with how the Classic team previously handled server shutdowns, but I agree that it’s rushed and poorly done.

I figure Lava Lash gets to stay because it’s the only one with the RP-PVE tag. We get closed because there is two RP-PVP tagged servers.

Even though Crusader Strike feels much more like a Illidan or Malganis from Retail. Standard giant PVP tagged megaservers.

Where Chaos Bolt’s Horde hosted a whole trial of one of the first ninja looters of the BFD staff and found them guilty, then condemned them to jump off the cliffs as penance. We also shamed anyone doing GDKPs long before they were banned, it was seemingly the one server without them. We had a community.

5 Likes

Very much appreciated Blizzard.

1 Like

They should label CS as a plain PVP server and offer transfers off of CS for those that want to RP on CB.

Did they fix the issues with BloodMoon on Crusader Strike? From the streamers I heard it’s broken with all the layering and lag.

5 Likes

While this would be an ideal scenario, it’s completely unrealistic to expect Blizzard to change a whole realm’s category, at least I think so? Shrugs

Let me get this straight.

You guys are telling everyone on Chaos bolt to either jump to a mega-server… or jump to a server that has a smaller population?

This is straight up tomfoolery. There is ZERO explanation behind these decisions from the development team currently and it shows. How about we stop making last minute rash decisions and start planning things out? Opening up transfers to Lava Lash suddenly after the initial (failed) transfers to crusader strike is an even bigger eye opening event.

The team needs a new time flow chart on how to announce information to their player base. Season of Discovery is an experiment for the community right? Explain to the community what is going on.

Sometimes you guys do absolutely WONDERFUL and have rock solid ideas. This is not one of those times however.

When you tell Chaos Bolters that they must uplift their server because you are planning to close it down for good from new players, without reasoning, is appalling. A signed death penalty, sitting on death row now.

You are ripping players from the character names they so proudly rode around town in. You are ripping players from their guilds and relationships within them that they built up from ground. You are telling players that their interactions and the ROLEPLAYING they have worked on (RP PVP mind you) do not matter.

I really hope someone on the development team stops and asks, " Why are we moving people to a bigger server… and not the other way around?"

I hope someone on the development team stops and asks, “Why don’t we just open up transfers to all the realms and let the players decide where they want to go?” (Assuming the intention is to indeed, turn of Chaos Bolt.)

I hope someone on the development team STOPS and LOOKS at this forum.

You should have seen the amount of players that logged on last night just due to this announcement. Maybe we should have waited until phase 3 launched and given it a week or two to actually WATCH Population levels… (If that is truthfully what this is about.)

Overall a dreadfully saddening experience. A travesty it had to be handled in such a manner. I expect human beings to make mistakes, but I also expect them to try and correct things after mistakes have been made.

I really hope we come together to realize this is a mistake and there are other solutions to this…

20 Likes

A bean counter who’s never played the game.

1 Like