Free Character Moves Extension Request Thread

In my case, i was unable to transfer because of “in game mail”. The decision was made between myself and many other friends, the day before transferred ended to determine if the queue would significantly reduce in time, which it did not. I was unable to wait 3 hours to empty my mailbox to initiate a transfer. Unfortunately, The phone was a no go.

1 Like

Or you could get out of here with your disingenuous and dismissive framing. No, a lot of people couldn’t “do the transfer from their phone,” because they were prevented from logging in due to queues, and thus couldn’t fulfill the transfer requirements (empty mailbox, etc).

Moreover, transferring for most people who actually have friends wasn’t a simple matter of “do I, or do I not?” Rather, it entailed coordinating and convincing various people with different schedules. Speaking personally, I decided to transfer days ago, but some of my friends whom I didn’t wish to abandon hadn’t logged in the past couple days, so I was unable to alert them.

Further, the only place the transfers’ end date was even posted was in a forum thread blue post – no where in the actual client where most people learned about and underwent transfers. Needless to say, that’s insufficient communication.

Have a little empathy instead of being a troll.

5 Likes

Same thing happened to me. I tried to transfer last night but had mail so it wouldn’t let me. How was I supposed to get my mail cleared when the que was 2 hours? Use some sense Blizzard and let and open up the portal again.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was completely unaware of the end time. I popped on Stalagg today to a 4k que and I want off this ride.

2 Likes

Agreed. Not even just because I’m still on the fence about transferring myself and want the extra time to think it over, but because the high pop realms are still extremely overpopulated and will not be playable without layering for quite some time. There needs to be more chances for people to make the switch.

1 Like

Please reopen them. Finally after two weeks I convinced my friend to transfer off Herod. I go to transfer, to find no shop button :/. Please.

Not only that. But Herod still had like a 3.5k queue when I got off work. It’s not like queues are solved.

1 Like

I know many people like myself were unaware of the deadline. Where did you read about it? Was it on the forums? -Not many people actually read them. I didn’t see it on the main log in page, never a reminder. Are you just replying for an “I told you so?” or do you want the original servers to continue to have a 3 hour queue, and the transfer servers to be at a medium population at peak times?

1 Like

Exactly. Transfers were never meant to be a permanent option. You had the chance and you didn’t take it, so either reroll or live with it. The transfer servers have healthy pops now and it feels like a more true vanilla experience with only 1 or 2 layers. As an Earthfury player I don’t want anymore transfers.

I agree as well! Extending the free transfer option would better the longevity of the server. People see low population and stray away when creating new characters. Organizing large transfers of guilds and friends takes time and by extending time frame for these transfers would be a blessing. I myself and most of our guild came from Thalnos, this transfer was exactly what we needed. Our only concern now is the population long term. This server can grow even more even with an extra week and bring in some more amazing people like most of us have seen. Most of this server is a big box of misfit toys and together we call Earthfury home. Thank you Blizzard for giving us this opportunity and I hope these posts are taken into consideration for the sake of our new home, Earthfury. As we all stand together, the box of misfit toys. Earthfury shall rise!!! Earthfury for the win!

1 Like

THERE WAS NO LAST CALL FOR SERVER TRANSFERS. Half my guild transferred last night off Whitemane and the rest were planning to go today. Which didn’t happen because the transfers just went away without any kind of “Hey guys last day.” PLEASE BLIZ open them all up 1 more week or 1 day or something.

3 Likes

It was only on one of the Blue posts about the server xfers, but not the first one.

That’s a shame. They better get started leveling their new characters then.

My friends would still love to transfer. Unfortunately we listened to our dumb friend who wants to stay. Faerlina is still a nightmare to do anything.

This!
I love you - you filthy Alliance Druid!

As we didnt know there was an ending time for this, me and my boyfriend said we were gonna wait for our guild’s decision to switch to Netherwind from Sulfuras… Having friends wait for ever to get a dungeon started sucks :sleepy:
Let’s go Blizz :cupid:

Agreed! This is completed needed, I am on the verge of cancelling my account due to the 3 hour queue I am currently faced with on Whitemane…

2 Likes

Should make it so only Horde can transfer so it does not become to imbalanced and kill the server.

1 Like

if only you had several days to transfer to a different server for free

If only you had friends so that you could understand how difficult it can be coordinating with people on different schedules. Not to mention, most players never even go on the forums. There absolutely should have been an in-game notification. This is going to cause a lot of players to quit.

1 Like

“hey man i’m transferring off the server”
“ok cool”
wow so hard