Free Character Moves Extension Request Thread

Me and a good chunk of my guild got screwed with this on Whitemane… This is completely fracturing the community :confused: Such an awful lack of communication these days from Blizzard

2 Likes

EXTENSIONS!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! My guild decided to move from whitemane literally the other day…me and my friend were going to switch over today but the option was gone! I understand that there was a deadline on the original post but there was never anything on the login page saying “Hey, might wanna think of transferring from these queue times…this is the last day” Kinda BS that there was no notice given. I searched the web for a couple hours googling to find out when it ended and there was nothing to find. PLEASE SAVE ME FROM BEING SO LONELY!

3 Likes

Oooo. And BTW when the info on character transfers came out i was not playing yet…there was never anything on my screens about end dates either. So ya…please fix your system Blizz!

2 Likes

I mean blizzard makes money from subscriptions it’s in their best interest to extend because yeah I don’t know if they know this but we all usually have jobs and if the question times are crazy high we go to transfer but have items in the mail or the leader of a guild etc we CANNOT TRANSFER so again extend it… it’s not that hard it’s y’alls job to make us happy literally. It’s called business

6 Likes

Please extend the transfers or even better, open up PAID transfers to low and medium pop realms. I want off whitemane so bad, so sick of the toxicity and queue times. I was scared to transfer to arcanite because i was worried it would be a “dead server”. Went around on a level 1 earlier and it didnt seem too bad but now i cant even transfer to arcanite. FML :frowning:

3 Likes

Yea, I actually had no idea there was a time limit. I was coordinating with my buddies on moving and then today we were all set to move and couldn’t… I reached out to Blizzard support and they basically said, “tough”. Super annoying that it wasn’t better vocalized how long the timer was on the free transfer.

4 Likes

well when your guild decides to transfer and you have a life and a job and cannot get on, you cannot transfer and then the option is removed, now guilds are split and it NOT only one person. There are massive groups of people with this issue and WHITEMANE IS STILL FULL!! why remove?

6 Likes

did not even realize the transfers were ending, wasnt really apparent they would end other than one blue post, some of my friends moved last night, and now i cant cause i missed the window :frowning: rip

4 Likes

Yeah. The end time really should have been communicated more visibly than in a forum post most people didn’t look at.

6 Likes

My friends and I were looking at moving too and even asked if anyone knew when/if the window would end and we couldn’t find the post on it. Just tried to transfer and now we’re a bit bummed as we just missed the window. Community managers, please consider pinning posts that refer to time sensitive opportunities in the future.

2 Likes

I am tired of waiting in ques and if I can’t play, I won’t pay and will cancel the service.

1 Like

I truly hope Blizzard extends the migration window. I, like many others here, had no idea it was ending today. Now that I’m done with the neck-bearding phase, I have a 40-something character on Whitemane that I almost literally can’t play, since there’s a 2-3 hour queue during the approximately 3 hours I have to play in a day.

2 Likes

They gave you plenty of time. You knew when the end time was. You waited until the last moment and now you have to stick with that decision. If Blizz extends the deadline you’ll likely just wait again and ask for another extension.

2 Likes

Yeah, I waited too long debating on Stalagg. Part of the group left, I stuck around too long. please extend.

1 Like

That these were shut off suggests that Blizz is happy with the current server situation.

The queue on Whitemane is 3 hours at prime time. Whether or not anyone I know wants to transfer and now can’t without throwing cash or time at it, how is that an acceptable situation for those that remain?

1 Like

then it wasn’t that important to you to play with those people, was it? You could have done the transfer from you phone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Blizzard,

The same story for myself. I was blocked from moving due to “in game mail”. The decision to move was only made after Que times failed to drop below 3 hours during peak times. I am petitioning to re-open the character transfers and allow myself, plus numerous other people to be able to join their friends who were able to transfer.

Thank you,

DrZoidberg

1 Like

While I’m not looking to myself, I support giving more time to those who want to, and wasn’t able to for various reasons =)

1 Like

Yes please extend. I had no idea it was ending and was coordinating to move off of Bigglesworth.

1 Like

Yes please extend. I finally convinced my friends to move off of Stalagg, but now it isn’t possible. The queues are unbearable at night!

1 Like