Fraudulent login attempt

Is there a place to report a fraudulent login attempt?

Are you talking about a friends account or your account.

Not really, Skifell. There isn’t a lot we can do with that information.

The best we can do is recommend that you check your account’s security. Make sure your system is secure, update passwords such as the email address attached to your account, and make sure that you have an Authenticator on the account.

Mine, the authentication popped up a request from what looked like East Asian writing for the account name requesting a login.

Yes, I just changed my password.

2 Likes

Run any malware/virusscanners you may have you may have picked up a hacker bug you didnt click on any links sent to you via ingame or email did you.

1 Like

kk, I would like to suggest a way to flag those for those of us with Authenticators on our accounts.

It would help in the fight against bots and I can’t see that being a bit update to add a “is this you?” or “This is a fraudulent login attempt” button.

System should lock out the account if this were successful and outa normal play range i think.

1 Like

It was a really really really old passphrase that I haven’t used in a decade, so it’s more likely that it’s from an old dark web keylogging spreadsheet from 10+ years ago. To be honest, I haven’t had to change the password since I added the authenticator to my account in Wrath.

I’m not exactly sure what it is that you’d be flagging. The authenticator was successful in keeping your account secure. When it asked for confirmation, you clicking “no” is the only thing you really need to do.

That said, if you really want to make sure the account is secure, I’d recommend a new e-mail address (one that uses 2-factor authentication too, like gmail) and change your battle.net over to that e-mail address.

That way they no longer have your login e-mail and you’ll be double secured with an authenticator on the e-mail too.

3 Likes

I’m not worried about that. I believe it would be prudent, and an actionable addition for community support, to add a button as to why you denied the login through the authenticator app.