Four Button LFR/Normal Raiding Discipline Priest Build

Introduction

Hello, I am a gnome. I don’t like complexity, and I think I am not alone. So I bring to healers (or those interested) who just want to relax and have fun: the four button disc build. I think it’s viable in LFR and normal raiding.

How it works: When mindbender is ready to use, you press power word: radiance, then mindbender, then do penance on your enemy target on cd and smites as a filler. No need to cast a single heal on an ally ever with this build, just dps an enemy and let atonement do the work for you.

That’s it. The tier set 2p allows your smites to make someone’s atonement (buff that makes your dps heal them) last longer, and then the 4p doubles your smites while you have mindbender out.

Details

What to bind: Power Word Radiance on button 1, Mindbender macro (see below) on button 2, Penance on button 3, Smite on button 4. I’d also recommend having power word: fortitude somewhere.

Macros: One. Macro fade and power infusion and trinnkets into mindbender. The macro is

#showtooltip Mindbender
/cast Power Infusion
/cast Fade
/cast Mindbender
/use 13
/use 14

type /macro in chat to get to where you can make a new macro. Then drag that onto your bar in the second button. Make sure to be targeting your enemy when you use this button.

Viability: LFR and Normal raiding. Can put out “good enough” numbers and only gets better with the tier set. And maybe M+ up to 16 or so, but add purify (disc’s dispel) and mind soothe (for skips) if you want to use this in M+. Another good place to add purify is for the last boss in the raid where healer dispels are useful.

Click here for an LFR healing example

I have a lot of gear but think this would be on-par with the other healers with less gear. Even if the healing is less, the extra damage you contribute should make up for it.

Gear: You want a lot of haste, haste is good. Also, the tier set makes this build better by a lot, it’s worth dropping last season’s 4p for this season’s 2p. Try to use haste enchants and gems, and get especially rings and a necklace with lots of haste. 6000+ haste is great if possible because it should allow you to get very close to 100% uptime on mindbender.

The talents (Importable String)

BAQA/KVNHBYFUG61hTBXiMbcYCBQKJRgkIJRQKJJJiAAAAAAAAAAAAlUSjQSQKRKJIIalDAJQLCA

Also available in WoWhead’s Talent Calculator

Happy healing! Good luck and have fun.

Rita

7 Likes

Tysm so much for sharing this. A big scare for me is the healing side of priest and this might be the answer!

1 Like

It’s not for me but I love that this exists.

Can we dub this the 4-button Rita?

bro you have to cast power infusion to an ally not yourself this macro its no good

For a 4-button rotation to put out “good enough,” numbers, I don’t think it matters lol.

/cast [target=focus] Power Infusion

Then at the start of the raid, select one luckky dps to be your /focus

Works well for raid.

I think issue I’m running into it as a beginner for dungeons is the dungeons where it’s applicable also has people being stupid and so recovery currently appears to be harder than say Resto Shaman/Holy from ‘Derp teammate’ syndrome.

Updated talent importable string for the new patch (no talents have been changed):

BAQA/KVNHBYFUG61hTBXiMbcYCBQKJRgkIJRQKJJJiAAAAAAAAAAAAlUSjQSQKRKJIIalDAJQLCA

You can do this in most 20s as well!

As someone who just does LFR with friends, plays solo, and only does 2-12ish M+…this sounds lovely!!! Gives me hope I can actually play disc. I miss MoP when atonement was just a group wide passive and I just…dps’d to heal…that was GOOD TIMES.

1 Like