Found the origins of Faerin Lothar

I feel like people are overcomplicating this. I think the most likely explanation is that the she belongs to the Lothar family bloodline that got diverged at some point where they stayed underground.

I doubt shes directly connected with THE Anduin Lothar considering how shes is a half-elf.

1 Like

I’ll take Wild Speculation for $1000, Ken.

It’s either this or it could just be a name she took in homage to the noble house that she respects.

People are over thinking this.

2 Likes

These are WoW players. We overthink logging in.

3 Likes

Interestingly, according to the wiki Lothar’s very first description (back in the Warcraft 2 manual) noted that he was a descendant of the ancient kings of Arathi. Apparently he has some long-lost cousins.

Many of the Arathor do, including some of the new child models. Apparently it’s not that uncommon.

Thoradin’s surname is never mention he is just known as Thoradin

Faldir was the descendant of Thoradin that left to found the Kingdom of Stormwind that Anduin Lothar came from
https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Faldir

As for Faerin’s origin till Hallowfall is tested can’t say for sure. But there is a large gap in Arathian History between the Troll Wars and the Collapse of the Empire where a group of Arathians including a unknown descendant of Thoradin with the Lothar surname could of left.

Since this Group sailed of into the unknown and were never heard from again everyone back in Arathi would have thought they were dead and after time forgotten in Arathian history.

Human lore tidbits.

1. House of Arathor: The founders of the human kingdoms in the Warcraft universe. Notable figures include:

• Thoradin: The first king of Arathor, who united the seven human tribes.
    • The descendants of Thoradin: Arathor’s lineage continued through various rulers until the kingdom’s eventual fragmentation.
  2. House of Azeroth: One of the successor kingdoms of Arathor. It’s not as extensively detailed in Warcraft lore, but it’s part of the broader human lineage.

3. House of Wrynn: As mentioned earlier, the House of Wrynn became prominent with King Varian Wrynn and his son, King Anduin Wrynn, leading Stormwind through various challenges and conflicts.

From the Warcraft movie,

Taria Wrynn
(maiden name lothar, Anduin lothars sister)

In the lore of the Warcraft universe, there are actually six main human kingdoms on the continent of Azeroth:

1. Stormwind (Wrynn)

2. Lordaeron (Menethil)

3. Kul Tiras (Proudmoore)

4. Gilneas (Greymane)

5. Stromgarde (Menethil / Trollbane)

6. Alterac (Perenolde)

7. Arathi / Arathor Line (Thoradin)

The Arathi empire being all seven human kingdoms.

If we have this faction calling themselves an empire from their perspective, ones who never saw or recognized the splintering.

Lothars being descended bloodline from the Arathi -} Faerin Lothar.

I feel like this post was just written to answer the broader question of why this character in a prominent role is in a family that until very recetnly, we’ve only seen as caucasian.

I think the OP was trying to find an in-lore reason for this when the real answer is that WoW has been on the same bandwagon as Hollywood since George Floyd where we’re magically re-racing and re-gendering characters for the sake of “inclusion.”

It is what it is. I dont care for this sloppiness either but I can see that this franchise has painted itself into a corner given that we didnt even have the ABILITY to truly create asian and african featured humans until what? like BFA? and we’ve still seen ONLY A FEW of them scattered throughout the world as NPCs.

I can see that blizz is making an effort and I guess that’s something that I should respect even if I dont like the way they’re doing it.