Found the origins of Faerin Lothar

The Arathi have been living underground for centuries! If there is any common ancestry between Faerin and Anduin Lothar it is a distant relative many generations in the past.

I’d imagine the most likely link, depending on how long ago the Hallowfall Arathi split off from the rest of them, will end up being something like “Anduin Lothar’s grandfather’s brother went with them.”

prolly a half elf like whats his face. the name escapes me lol.

this post scared me. i was like " Dear lord are my eyes leaving already why is everything so blurry?!@??? "

4 Likes

lol. I know. He too attached to the job.

relax, you’re fine

1 Like

Reminds me of the starks and the karstarks.

Before Arathor split into the seven human kingdoms. So like, centuries ago.

1 Like

Alodi? Arator?

Who are the Wynns? They definitely don’t exist in any of Warcrafts major families.

Did my brain go to Dragon Age again?

Edit: nm it wasn’t me

1 Like

Crab people.

4 Likes

Could be a relative, or more likely, it would also be just another Lothar since these Arathi have been living underground for centuries, and that was what made Lothar’s efforts to recruit the Elves happen in the Second War.

Either way it should be interesting, as this girl has definitely seen some action. Her eye and arm tell the story of someone in a lot of battles that got vicious. Honestly, I always liked Anduin Lothar, even if he got chain gang stomped by Ogre-Magi when he went to parley with that cowardly backstabber Orgrim Doomhammer.

-sits back, steeples hands. Grins and waits for the Orc players response-

So Anduin Lothar’s great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather’s brother, or something thereabouts.

1 Like

Not really. They can make the character canon yes, but not the relation she had with Anduin Lothar. There is nothing in Chronicles vol 2 that says that Taria is the sister of Anduin Lothar. The most likely scenario is that Blizzard did not want to make a completely new character for Varians mother and simply used the name she was given from the movie.

We never actually knew of Calia’s fate. Prior to Legion she only really existed in Day of the Dragon and was speculated to be dead in the Arthas novel (which is a tie in novel to Wrath)

1 Like

Humans, Trolls, and Nerubians are turning into elves. Possible the Well of Eternity used to flow this deep? :8ball::robot:

All I can think of is either Anduin Lothar had secret romance somewhere (maybe she’s a bastard child) or maybe she’s something of an orphan that took the surname, unofficially, to honor a hero.

What is more, she’s far too beautiful to be just a “Human” lol.

Maybe the model could be a sign they’re a good guy? :8ball::robot:

Last time I believe everyone called it for Vyranoth. :robot::thought_balloon:

1 Like

I mean, did yall ever consider its a placeholder name to mess with us?

It would be a real blizzard move to do that, but like. Its blizzard. So.

There’s nothing wrong with another Lothar existing. While I am not accusing anyone of anything, I will also say given what I’ve read on other forums, all of the people who are getting hung up about the fact that she’s a PoC while Anduin Lothar was not, should get over themselves and do some serious self reflection.

I mean as I recall, the Diablo 2 Paladin was as well. Zandalari rock that Kurast Paladin vibe beautifully as well! So you know what? I for one thing this is bloody awesome. We need new characters. She’s clearly a battle-hardened Paladin of some sort, given her culture and war-wounds. Still… Imagine if she mentored Anduin and this was how he rediscovered himself? I think it’d be perfect in every way, closing the loop in a sense.

All in all I am extremely interested and very excited for this character and hope she’s not a red herring.