Forum Trust System

Didn’t some carry over? Think I had some when the forums migrated. I remember people in general talking about this but the details are eluding me.

The OP is, for sure

2 Likes

I dont really care enough about anything currently happening in WoW to make an effort toward reaching level 3. Either it will happen or it wont.

I’m not even entirely sure what my current trust level is. Is there a way to check?

2 Likes

There is. Gimme a minute I’ll find the checker. There’s actually like 2 ways you can check but someone made a neat little tool for it.

Edit: think it’s in this.

I did at first. But then I had to start over on this character, enough said about that. The post count on the old forum were account wide.

hmmmmm, for as far as I can see it tells me I’m trust lvl2, but
New Forum Guide - Syntax and Features
shows that making your post a wiki requires level 3.
Is this outdated or am I stupid?

My only complaint of the system is if you transfer/faction swap/etc., your trust level resets. I would think that a trust system should be bound to the account and not the character, or else it defeats the purpose of a trust system.

3 Likes

Ah, interesting. Looks like I’m Trust Level 2.

Wow I didn’t know this. This is the dumbest thing in the world. As if being on the forum more = being a better poster. I see people who post nonstop tend to be the most toxic/annoying ones in here

1 Like

:cry: :cry: :cry:

2 Likes

You must kiss the pinky ring to participate fully. Its the way things are done now.

1 Like

The forum software is Discourse. It’s not created by Blizzard - it’s licensed by them. While Blizzard can make some modifications, it is Discourse that decided the Trust Levels and rules:

Posting a link is not necessary to participate fully. Every word you want to say can be posted (though ToU violations are still ToU violations). Links to specific sites like youtube and wowhead, which are considered trusted (don’t ask ME why), can be posted even at Trust Level 1. Posting a link to any other site just means making it Preformatted text (use the </> symbot with the link highlighted.) People can’t click-through, but they can copy and follow.

It’s neither. The :pencil2: shows up even at Trust Level 2, but it still took Trust Level 3 to actually use it. (It doesn’t do all that much - just opens your post to editing by other players. That’s most useful for things like guides where a player leaving means a sticky thread stops being updated. As a wiki, now multiple people can update. TL3 means ideally no one will deliberately “hack” it or butcher the information.)

4 Likes

Its a free forum. No sub required.

Wow. There are lists that show you all the players at specific trust level ranks? That’s interesting.

Plus 1 for unexpected Sterling Holloway

I got permabanned from the forums way back in 2012 for things said in a server war, apparently that counts towards my trust level today so I’m just screwed from the start. :confused: No gifs for me because of the crimes I committed as a teen in a literal war lol. IS THIS HOW YOU TREAT YOUR VETERANS BLIZZ?

1 Like

Permabanned and still here?
Literal war in a virtual environment?
Banned and still a veteran?

So many contradictions.

3 Likes

I’m pretty certain that all reset. The requirements for TL3 are pretty high. You need to have read 500 unique topics and 20,000 posts. You got a ways to go! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like