Forum Trust System

Tried to post a link in a thread. Couldn’t.
Then found out about the trust system.

The level 3 trust requirements are dumb . In particular:

• Must have visited at least 50% of the last 100 days

The idea that I “owe” a corporate forum my regular attention to be able to fully participate is extremely off-putting. I’m a paying customer. Isn’t my participation on your forum something you want? Why put barriers and requirements?

Also, I was banned over a Ysithens layoff thread, so . . .
No point I guess.

In future, I will definitely be preferring Reddit and Discord as my WoW socialization venues over these forums simply because of these restrictions.

EDIT: For the record, I had almost 1500 posts on the old boards over a number of years. Not a major contributor by any means, but a fairly active one.

11 Likes

Thanks for the FYI, I guess, but feedback directly to blizzard is generally more appropriate.

I love that. I had no idea they were doing that. I bet that is why we have far less trolls than back in the day. They want purposeful participation there were too many trolls before.

1 Like

Mulder didn’t trust Scully until halfway through season 1. Just saying.

8 Likes

Alrighty see ya

Hasn’t proven to be trusted enough to post links. Quits forums due to bar set too high.

System working as intended.

10 Likes

I’ve been posting here since the bc/wrath era and I still don’t meet those requirements apparently…

4 Likes

These are new forums. Many people lost their post counts.

So this is a fresh start.

Their forum “trust” system is censorship. Nothing more, nothing less. It’s a scaled down version of what they do in China with their citizens everyday lives. There are cameras everywhere and a reporting system, everyone is “graded” and your grade determines what you are allowed in your life from school to jobs. In other words, tow the line or be ostracized.

6 Likes

Blizzard is not the government. They are not restricted by the Bill of Rights.

5 Likes

Is this a troll thread about not being able to troll because he hasn’t spent enough time here trolling to earn maximum troll powers?

Meta

8 Likes

I need this to post memes :roll_eyes:, I think all im missing is the :heart:s given, any way to check?

Good grief. :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

Lol. Please explain how this is? You can say whatever you want within the CoC guidelines. Are there things blizz will not tolerate here? Ofc. Even some of the repetitive anti-blizz stuff is allowed or over looked.

So you can’t direct links. Big deal. You can still post the address. If it’s interesting enough people will check it out. I’ve checked out many addresses posted that were not links.
Gifs are fun and quite an incentive not to go trolltastic if you want to use them. The system isn’t censorship. It sure does discourage trolling a bit though and the stats make the alt brigade stand out like sore thumbs. At least until they build some stats. They take it one more step to eliminate the multiple avatars. Make rep account wide and put a unique forum name on every account’s avatars. Doesnt have to be our btag. Let us pick one forum name that is displayed on every avatar on out account.
This non sense trolling that is muddying the waters and hindering communication will slow down even more. Blizz isn’t the only one bad at communication. The player base sux at it in some regards as well. We should improve our end of it just as much as blizz should. Some of it on our end is the way the system is designed though. It’s not censorship though. If they wanted to completely censor/silence you. They could with an IP ban. Then your opinions would never be heard unless you take to the other social media cess pools.

1 Like

I had nearly 35,000 posts on the old boards. All were wiped clean and I started over at trust level 1, just like everyone else. Get over yourself. BTW, there is a way to post links, if you would stop whining and ask for help.

3 Likes

Trust me? :innocent:

Trust Level 3 users can

• Create Wiki Posts (more on that below)
  • Post animated gifs, images, compatible video embeds, and links to any website

:sob: why I can no do pics then

Sorry, you can’t put images in a post

Are you guys jealous of my level 3 powers?

4 Likes

The trust system should bar anyone under X hours of forum time from creating threads in the non CS forums.

1 Like

4 Likes

Didn’t some carry over? Think I had some when the forums migrated. I remember people in general talking about this but the details are eluding me.