Forum System needs change: Forum ID system

awesome so you proved you are capable of ignoring people, there is no problem so no fix is necessary, that is all someone needs to do.

already works

just ignore

already against the rules, but you would have to actually read them to know that

no problem, you can just ignore them again

well you don’t know the rules so you are probably wrong about this too.

And actually none of your suggestion is about this at all.

so there is no ‘literally’ about it.

In fact, when I said your suggestion would increase in game harassment, you said well if it IS harassment just report it.

How about the CoC being rewritten to be less up to the mod’s interpretation, actually adhering to it when going over posts, and actually banning people who abuse the flag system?

You can make as many systems as you want, but they don’t matter if the people running the system are utterly incompetent. I’ve seen better mods on discord and reddit than these boards, and that’s just sad.

why is there such a concern about forum rules and banning people - that is entirely up to them and there need to be no changes whatsoever if they wanted to be more strict on this forum.

there was a least one person who got a forum suspension that took his suspension to the top and ever since they have been more lenient on here from what i can see.

You have such a smug attitude.

Not only is your attitude bad, you got a doo-doo mog too.

1 Like

Too many people are taking these forums far too seriously.

1 Like

If you think the forums are perfect as-is, do us all a favor and wake up.

1 Like

Yes I know hive mind and all but guess what that business will never be ‘fixed’. People are always going to think a little differently and express themselves a little differently.

I personally think it obnoxious that a group of people on this forum think they should play forum police all the time when really this forum is for discussing the game.

Even Cogshanks wouldn’t let themselves be party to harassment though, and that is why they let people opt out of that system.

Personal speculation is that every subforum has a mod team that each has a way of doing things.

GD mods are more lax than Story Forums mods. SF mods are ruthless.

Figure has to do with team culture or workload differences.

With one exception - if you were alt hopping to troll the maker of Cogshanks would not de-list you.

2 Likes

yes but the system you want implemented gives no exception - it just leaves them open to harassment unless you delete everyone from your friend list and change your bnet id.

Ideally I would have preferred if the time was taken to simply remove the unpleasant posts on my thread instead of deleting it entirely, since personally I didn’t consider them that problematic in the first place. However, since deleting it was the choice that was made then I’ll respect the decision.

There is really no excuse for not having some form of Forums ID system in place, whether it’s one that forces you to use a single character/profile or one that marks you with your BTag code or some new code.

Just because you think something may not be a problem, that doesn’t mean it isn’t. It just means you haven’t noticed or experienced the issue, because in reality the issues are present. Ignoring a user isn’t always a solution, because that doesn’t take care of the root of the problem. Users needs to be held accountable when they break the rules, and ignoring is just a way for them to be allowed to continue unchecked.

I will not relent on the suggestion of revitalizing the MVP program. Even without deputizing them, they still do help defuse situations when things get out of hand. I do, however, lean towards giving them more permissions to put them in a deputy role. Some of them may not want that role, which they can turn down if that’s how they feel. More are requested regardless, as it’s infrequent to see them in the sections of the forums that are most active (General Discussion and Story).

When reporting someone, there absolutely must be a box that will allow users to explain their reasoning(s) behind a report, as well as allow them to include images if evidence is spread out or lost.

2 Likes

That’s not a bad thing. If you tell me “your post is nonconstructive”. (Using vague words), I’ll challenge it if it directly relates to the topic. Why let a minimum wage employee pee on my leg and tell me it’s raining?

were you even on the forum prior to this one because putting a box to explain why you report isn’t some magic fix all - the forum worked that way before and your forum id system was basically in place as well because of an addon. I see no difference whatsoever in the amount of infractions that take place on this forum.

What they get paid is irrelevant. They are the boss here, not you, not I, not any player.

Yeah something needs to be done. Its currently way to easy to harass someone via false flagging and get people silenced. I’m currently being stalked by a user who is relentlessly flagging all my threads and posts.

I literally cannot make a thread without it getting flagged as trolling or spam and its pretty disheartening. My last thread was a silly take on giving Void elves highmountain antlers and it got flagged within 30 minutes. It had less than 20 views and got flagged then deleted, theres no way all 20 people were like yeah this is trolling. Meanwhile people making countless threads over the paintings don’t receive action and other void elf customization threads remain. I literally got singled out, targeted, and the person abused the automated system to harass me.

I am always very diplomatic with my responses and go well out of my way to be civil, but you upset one person who is willing to false flag you with multiple accounts and you are toast.

You can’t even appeal these attacks, the moderators just give you a premade response and throw it out every single time.

1 Like

currently, all you need to do is to switch to another character and the problem is solved.

with the suggestions made by OP that wouldn’t be possible.

So every time someone with 4 forum accounts decides they don’t like me I should be forced to eat a silence, change my forum character and lose all my trust benefits?

you only have 16 posts, it is really doubtful you have ‘trust benefits’.

And if you have to switch that often, may I suggest you ask yourself why you are posting on this forum. Are you posting to discuss things about the game or are you posting for entertainment? It is the entertainment part that gets you in trouble.

I had a quick look at your posting history, I don’t agree with you.

you are the problem because you don’t know the rules.

do you know you can be permanently banned from posting on this forum if you circumvent a ban like you are admitting to doing so now.

Circumventing a Suspension / Ban
This category includes:

Posting on another account
Having someone post on your behalf
If a player is found to have participated in such actions, they will:

Be permanently banned from posting on the forums

Well people like you get off on it so it doesnt surprise me. Whatever I said my piece. Sorry me wanting to participate in discussion bothers you so much. Have a nice day.

1 Like