Forum Knights cherry picking topics to deconstruct the overall message!

I’ve been playing since Vanilla, but it makes sense to put the streamers in first. It’s free advertisement.

Sure, it’s pissing on long-time, dedicated players. We can whine about it. Blizz knows we will still play, even if we don’t get in the beta.

No, that’s Preach. MethodJosh didn’t get banned lol

sure he did - he was streaming his exploiting as well.

Original article (March 28th 2019):

Last week Blizzard Entertainment hit World of Warcraft players with a string of temporary bans varying in length.

Amongst those affected were some well-known Warcraft players including British streamer Preach Gaming (pictured, aka Mike) and MethodJosh, a healer for Method’s raiding team.

https://esports-news.co.uk/2019/04/12/blizzard-bans-preach-gaming/

Primary eludes to the most optimal way of going about this, but as we can see that’s not true. Just from this statement alone we could call it at least misleading, but i would say its a lie, but my major gripe is with how they picked the other 10%-30% of the people that aren’t streamers/creators. I’ve already stated in a previous post i have two friends that have gotten access and they have had their account less than a year. We can at least agree that the way they,“randomly” go about picking these testers is ludicrous.

The “even better” aspect of the Streamers being on there testing is they’re streaming the game. If they encounter a problem in the game world, the devs have a video feed they can go and look at to see what was going on. They’re the perfect guinea pig, as they don’t need to rely on a beta tester trying to properly describe the issue, they can see it for themselves “first hand” by way of the stream.

I used them as an example. I’ve never once stated i disliked them in anyway, or that i even deserve the same treatment as them, because i don’t believe i do. That would just would be unintelligent on Blizzards end, but as i stated previously i was using them as an example. Never eluded hatred or jealousy, but just facts.

I can’t find a streamer doing any exploration, they’re all trying to speed level. I want to see Stormwind or Ironforge, anyone know a streamer in one of these towns?

the situation is unfortunate but i dont watch streams so i have no idea who you are even talking about. Dropping their names just seems like a shill.

I understand he brings exposure, but it just feels so wrong. :frowning:

Dang. You guys are some really sad freaks that hate on content creators because they are popular and therefore got in lol

2 Likes

Welcome to capitalism. If you walked into the coca cola hq and asked them for free swag to wear around town they would do it.

But if you walked in and asked for a case of free soda they would kick you out because that doesn’t benefit them in any way.

Giving out betas to every streamer and youtuber first benefits Blizzard.
But giving out betas to the average player doesn’t…

Sighhhhhh :frowning:

Read the forums… non streamers got in too.

Seriously, the incessant whining needs to stop.

1 Like

How true… :frowning:

I wonder how society would function ‘‘exposure’’ was against the law.

I see where your coming from but at the same time all of the streamers who have gotten in are much more active players than you based on your profile. So not only are they free advertisement but more passionate players.

1 Like

You’re basing this on what? I’ve had over 3 accounts across the years and have been playing since TBC. I have also partaken in private servers since after MoP, also note of the 3 accounts I’ve had across the years i had my subscription on the whole time.

well actually most classic streamers only play private servers, some who got banned for content from private servers are in the beta as we speak… that seems a little unfair. But will admit If I got in I would not even be on forums! so…

1 Like

I see what you’re trying to say, but its just not true. I’ve had over 250ish days played on just my priest alone when in Cata, and that was my second account!

They get eyes and attention.

Blizzard would be negligent if they didn’t capitalize on that.

2 Likes