Forum Knights cherry picking topics to deconstruct the overall message!

Forum knights cherry picking topics to fit their agenda. Nothing we haven’t seen before, but i won’t participate in it when they hold more power over the platform than me. Long story short i believe the way they chose the vast majority of the random players was terribly executed and deserves critical feedback. This has nothing to do with content creators or streamers, because anyone with a brain would know having them play and show off the game play would benefit the hype greatly. I only used them as an example to lead up to a more specific topic. Thank you all for the support! <3

28 Likes

It’s just for the first phase and you do realise it’s a business right? Streamers = exposure and therefor more $$$$.

What would be unfair is if they could start on the like 24th of august… this is just a beta. Just chill and watch them play a lil. There’s a stress test next week

10 Likes

Stop watching streamers and supporting them.

27 Likes

Free advertising is full of free.

WoW is the #1 streamed game today.

5 Likes

THis is in no way meant to be rude but to make this comment you must have 0 idea of how advertising work and/or really read nothing about the beta or watched the interviews upcoming to this. This was already stated that this would happen. No reason to be depressed, just grow up a little and be more aware of games and how basic advertising works. Good luck.

8 Likes

I understand this and totally agree. I even think it benefits the game with the increased exposure, but i’m getting replies from developers saying it was random. That is a down right lie, no if and or buts.

3 Likes

Methodjosh is one of the biggest streamers and he didn’t get an invite…

I don’t agree with that, but to each their own opinion.

Honestly, it should not surprise anyone at this point that beta invites went to shills.

It makes perfect sense when you realize that the purpose of the beta is not to find bugs. The real beta begins august 27th.

This “beta” is Blizzard doing an advertising blitz when little to no money has been allocated to advertise Classic.

Streamers aren’t content creators, they’re shills. Once you accept that, you’ll realize that this was inevitable.

19 Likes

I understand that, but the problem still lies with what they led us to believe. If they would of been upfront in this first place like they do for most content creator events then our hopes wouldn’t have been shattered.

1 Like

Stay hopeful.

Others have gotten in as well.

2 Likes

Stop supporting this generations high tech street beggars.

I completely understand where you are coming from. But the minute people had to pay for a chance to get into Beta. The game was fixed right then and there, we never had a chance.

13 Likes

Looking at the servers, there’s at least a few hundred people on the game already. Meaning its far more than just streamers. Visible target and complete list are not the same thing.

3 Likes

And they also said they’d do it in waves, so this is wave #…1

4 Likes

Few hundred? The streams I’m watching there’s maybe a dozen people in each zone.

It makes sense to stagger it in waves to let people level ahead so there’s not so much competition.

2 Likes

i need to see someone /who 1-10

1 Like

“This is in no way meant to be rude but let me go ahead and be really rude now”. Okay.

4 Likes

From their website:

While opting-in to the beta is the primary way to make sure you’re in the running to join the test it doesn’t guarantee an invitation to the closed beta test.

Notice how it says “while opting-in to the beta is the primary way”? That means that it’s not the only way. Which means that, like every beta, they hand select a small number of people as well.

As an side

Does not make grammatical sense. It’s “would have”. The phrase “would of” sounds correct, but makes no logical sense when the definition of those words is actually considered.

It’s a common mistake because many of us say “would’ve” in real life as a contraction of would have. Would of, however, does not functionally make sense under any circumstance I can currently think of.

None of the ones i watch have yet.

1 Like

This is a very condescending response, but i see what you’re trying to get at, but you’re under the impression i am not aware of such things. That is not the problem i’m trying to bring to the forefront with this topic. Long story short they should have made it clear that this was going to be a streamers/creators paradise instead of making it out to have something to do with your active current subscription and playtime. It seems I’ve watched more leading up to this than you good sir.