Forum changes - do we need a forum wipe?

Then why make a mountain over a mole hill?

Your flags haven’t shut this thread down and that isn’t likely to change no matter how much you think moderation should side with your sense of what’s right.

You should really mute this thread and move on.

Making an archive of everything seems like a good idea.

I find it strange people for anon posting and privacy wants to reveal people who flagged them that is not anon.

Anyways to return to the topic at hand.

It wouldn’t be a complete wipe then, bug reports and help threads can be remade and up to date, not years ago just so people can just necro.the thread just for funsies. :poop: posts will always be a thing here even with one identity.

With the new system game implementation a large majority of the threads would be irrelevant and unnecessary. New implementations can’t be planted in without a forum reset.

I think there should be a warning for those with mega threads like customizations to copy/paste their files before the wipe.

For the addition of the reset, I would like to see the following:

One identity posting (character).

Account wide ignore system.

Account wide mute system.

Classic characters cannot post in retail discussions.

Retail characters cannot post in classic discussions.

More animated WoW emojis and word bubble emojis like :dracthyr_no1: for example.

Move mute, track, watch, normal menu settings to the top of the thread instead having to scroll all the way to the bottom to select an option (the phone app you have to scroll down through).

Thread locks after 6 months of inactivity.

Lock out free trial accounts from posting, someone who only posts with a free trial does not know anything about the game or how it works. In some cases just wants to troll on throw away accounts.

I would also like to see some rules added in the Code of Conduct as well. One in particular is editing someone’s quote. It was done to me several times in the past and it is annoying.

2 Likes

Blizzard seriously needs to look at an auto-lock to stop necro’ing, just like how they have with some subforums here and with also on EU Forums.

3 Likes

I’ll edit and add it to my suggested list of changes.

2 Likes

Just so you know Ard, I haven’t even flagged the thread once. I wouldn’t be so fast to start making any claims.

5 Likes

Posting to Twitter ain’t harassment tho. It really just normal for people to share things from one website to another.

What you never seen anybody post a pic of a dog, then somebody shares that dog on another platform and go “Look at this dog somebody posted, isn’t it cute?”? Would you call that harassment just because it’s on another platform then it originally came from? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I don’t see how Panzer is at fault there?

“Oh he didn’t reply!”… Because it’s literally a right we have as humans. Not reply whenever we feel like.

They talk about “Letting Blizzard mods deal with them” a lot, and yet when their turn comes, suddenly they go quiet. :thinking:

I got that from the last two noteworthy peeps. And it seems like threats or wishing some sort of harm (life threatening or accountwise) be their go-to as of late.

2 Likes

Given our heated history and how your perceptions can potentially clash with what I’ve seen over the course of this thread I can jump to conclusions and get angry.

It isn’t fair to single you out and I apologize if I made you feel that way but whatever you’re trying to do here with throwing accusations around at others then trying to flex the rules is just going to annoy people and cause more drama.

Everyone here has an idea of how the rules work around here and they won’t accept any other user trying to give advice on something they don’t control.

1 Like

You literally just described group you’re in, bud.

Just saying, it sounds like it would be more applicable to yours then us, given how frequently you guys talk about the rules or bring them up, or bring up “Oh the mods will handle it”.

I was mostly talking about that Paladin, the one that you pulled me up after they decided to go a step further and contact me in-game with an act of trolling, in which, yes, I did link the screenshots in this thread which you have ignored. I wasn’t talking about you or anyone else?

Like, I get it Ard, we both have our differences. We both disagree on a lot of things with each other, and I’m not trying to get your thread shut down. But when someone starts coming at me with random acts of, well, creepiness, I would hold defense on my ground and will pull them up on it.

9 Likes

I hope you submitted a harassment ticket about that.

7 Likes

Don’t think it would’ve done much since I didn’t have them on ignore in-game. I have got them on ignore now within the game, and if they find a way to bypass that ignore, then I will report them for harassment

5 Likes

No it swings both ways.

Otherwise you’d be showing favoritism for your own.

I don’t control everyone else’s actions, nor do I particularly care to draw that kind of drama out on the forums.

You’re free to make a big show of it as you like and never said you couldn’t do nothing about but brining it here just draws it out then makes everything worse.

Cause CS and all that can only do so much at the end of the day and you only give these people power by doing whatever it is you do that eggs them on.

I don’t recall us being so infatuated with the rules to a point of actually making thinly veiled threats against people, like your group has.

Says the guy who doesn’t care about the threats or wishes of harm being thrown about on their side, or wanting to justify them. You’re really not in a position to talk about favoritism or any nuance for that matter since you lack the capacity to be nuanced to begin with.

And with that said, you’re also victim blaming Ayukama here for being whispered by Khrog.

2 Likes

You’re not a position to throw the rules around either when you’ve got a personal stake in it and don’t have any power to enforce it.

Nice “NO U!!”. If that’s all you got to say, then that speaks to your overall worth(lessness) to your opinions on the forums.

“No u, no u, no u” It’s like a broken record. :roll_eyes:

And all you’re really doing is chastising me because i dare be against people making threats or making wishes of self harm. Mind you, i don’t pick sides when it comes to that, as i was pretty public about it when it comes telling Stormfury off.

And unlike some of the peeps on your side, he does have the capacity to not deny it and learn from his mistake and improve himself. And he also doesn’t wish a slow painful deletion on somebody else’s father too. (That last part still hoses me off.)

Have you maybe considered the fact that were a community and we still have to look out for each other, because mods aren’t a be-all, end all like you think it is? Esp since people aren’t often going to report?

2 Likes

Proposed forum change: everyone has a gif button BUT the only gifs in the system are cats.

6 Likes

Yeah that’s why Blizzard deals with it. Not us.

They don’t want factions forming on that basis.

You are a community but you’re not part of mine or everyone else’s which is why you don’t have the power to go around stomping on users who you think has crossed the line.

Use the tools at your disposal or don’t, either way I don’t think Blizz would appreciate what you’re trying to do here.

All you’re doing here is justifying wishes of self harm and threats by saying that.

This is why i called you guys pro-harm, and should be avoided or looked down upon. And i was right on the money the moment when it was discovered that night elf hunter had made a electric chair comment years ago while wanting anon posting.

No other community should accept this. Whether it’s acceptable by the mods (which it seems to be sometimes with the mods given they still left the reply to Jae’s comment up), or not.

Everything needs more cat pics/gifs.

3 Likes