Forum changes - do we need a forum wipe?

It’s not without validity,

I’ve sincerely asked him this awhile back…

“Would you want somebody anon to mock you for losing somebody you held dearly and suffer no repercussions? I wouldn’t even wish that on my worst enemies”

… he seems rather apathetic.

And that is archived.

When Ard starts to actually talk about the topic and not use the red herring of “Mods will handle it”…

You choose to defend the self harm/threats though proxy, by trying to misdirect or redefine words. Yes, you will be held responsible as you actively side with that group. Until you actually don’t.

In before another “No U” :roll_eyes:

Starting to sound like

“You’re either with us or you’re the worst for being against us”

Kind of deal, like we can’t decide for ourselves.

Getting silly.

There’s no nuance or middle-ground to be had for threats, wishes of self harm or mocking dead family members.

You’re wasting your time. He’s already said he doesn’t care about what happens to the forum, he only made this thread to stir the pot because the other one was locked :dracthyr_shrug:

Not everything is or always has to be 11/10, just to get results or resolutions.

Or make everyone agree with you.

I’m just going to say this Ard: Let me be me. If you think I am in the wrong, as Orylia would say,

I don’t really care much if people flag my post. Because you, just like everyone else, have every right to flag any post. Hey, if you want, you can scroll up to my 2nd post made in this thread and even report that if you want. I don’t hold anyone who is trying to do the right thing to account, because I know by very well that we all have our rights in what we can and can’t do.

And these comments of, “you are not the moderation,” like seriously. I am not pretending to be moderation, nor would I even dare to act like I am moderation. And yes, post like this does get actioned, usually as witnessed as in a post deletion, but I can’t confirm if any other form of account action does take place.

Anyways, going up to this comment earlier:

It isn’t singling me out, but more targetting one side. Remember, I did pull up that person when they’ve made that nasty comment towards you when you had a death within your family. I just prefer if you didn’t specifically target more towards one side.

Anyways, time for me to head to bed. Not going to stay awake till 3am, so might of well sleep now, wake up in the morning not feeling tired.

7 Likes

That’s what i tried to bring up to them him too. But i guess he doesn’t consider that as important as being anon. :man_shrugging:

Commenting is caring. Not to sound like a Dose of Buckley, but if he were to convince me of that, he wouldn’t try to put a continuous effort on still trying to defend his side if he’s not interested in what happens to the forums. Let alone his previous comments on anon posting and his anti-taggerism.

True but that would counter their argument about ignores especially account wide ignores .

Especially if they all had there way we would never be allowed to ignore them .

2 Likes

You’re either with, or against threats, wishes of self harm or mocking dead family members. There is no middleground or nuance to be had.

Any comment after that isn’t immediate “I’m with them” or “I’m against them”, will just be you saying “I’m with them”.

So which is it going to be?

I’d still disagree but this isn’t the platform to discuss such mature topics.

Now. You for forum wide wipes or no? Thoughts?

So your saying your with and support threats, wishes of self harm or mocking dead family members then. Alright, glad you settle on that then.

Also, i’m not for forum wipes because it’s never a good idea. See Pre 2018 forums with having so much useful info just gone overnight one day. (Also, no, i don’t wish to continue discuss forum wipes because there’s nothing to discuss, it’s simply a bad idea)

Only problem is those in the back you can shout out the truth to them but they’re all
:see_no_evil:
see no truth
:hear_no_evil:
hear no truth
:speak_no_evil:
speak no truth

5 Likes

Love it. We need a thread with fun cat and dog Gifs.

Mostly lurking in this topic, but I don’t think a forum wipe has any benefit.

1 Like

What i find ironic is they want people identified if they are flagged by them but want their identity hidden in order to make it harder for others to identify them for flagging as well as make it harder for them to be ignored .

They say what they want will make the forums less toxic but honestly that would make it more toxic then it has ever been .

4 Likes

There’s no resolution where either side submits to the other.

Only when Blizzard decides to take a step into the court…if they ever do.

Till then, I’ll keep swirling around the idea of a forum wipe. Might do some good even though it ain’t lookin too pretty from various perspectives.

1 Like

Fuzz has a neat pet thread c:

4 Likes

And people will still tell you it’s a bad idea.

Erasure of information is always a bad thing, since it would be useful for generations to come. Esp for this game here where there’s macro’s addons, lore, etc to be learned. Or when it comes to certain issues or etc. Or just hang with a community even.

And all for what? Because people want you to be held accountable for your own actions, and you want to hide and tell terrible things to other people, like the things i’ve said?

I can see why you call the the things i bought up mature, because you simply lack the capacity to do so yourself.

2 Likes

I personally can not see a outcome of Wiping the Forum of all posts being beneficial in any form. There is a lot of good information and history on these forums. Yes, there is bad history as well. But that is History that should be available for us as users to reference when we feel the need to.

Wiping all the posts will not bring forth any form of unity or understanding from the users of the forums. People will always take sides, and people will always feel strongly about their position and defend that position. Sometimes we as users go too far and if that happens, I would certainly like to see the Blizzard moderation team be more consistent on how it moderates, as I’m sure most of us would like to see that.

5 Likes

This is where someone has to bring up the classic quote: “those who do not remember history are doomed to repeat it”

4 Likes

It’s a very important quote for people to remember.

4 Likes